Monday, January 25, 2010

I was planning on writing sometime soon just to say "hi" and that everything was quiet but Chris decided to throw me a curve ball so I'm writing to let you know that Chris was in the ER last night. He started throwing up and had a reallllyyy bad migraine around 3pm yesterday. At 7pm he asked me to take him to the hospital. I called my mom and she was kind enough to come over and help with the kids. Meg does a great job but I didn't know how long we'd be there. They re hydrated and drugged him up. They wanted to do a CT scan to see if there was any bleeding in the brain but my "bad patient" told them "No." Chris hasn't been taking his shots like he should (he was already against taking them) so I of course worry that the clot moved from his lung to his brain - who knows ("negative Nellie"). I would like to call the Dr. but I know Chris would have a cow. We arrived home around midnight and Chris went to work today. He has too much to do he says- he probably just doesn't want to hear me nag him:) So we will just see what happens.
Meg celebrated her 17th bday and I celebrated my ? bday. Tay has his bday this week turns 11!!. He will receive his Arrow of Light and Webelos award for Scouts. Jacob finished his Bobcat for Cubscouts. Feb. Pack Meeting will be exciting with Tay and Jacob getting "big" awards. Chris' mom and dad came in from China and spent a couple of days with us, love hearing about their life over there. We've got it so good:) (they go back at the end of the month). I went to the eye doctor last week to get a new prescription (I like to see clearly) and to inquire as to why my left eye was twitching- a lot - very annoying! He told me that it could be a number of things then he started naming them off, I can only remember the first 3 after that I stopped listening because I was laughing so hard. 1- To much caffeine (that's me and Dr. Pepper) 2- Not enough sleep 3- Too much STRESS!!! See why I couldn't stop laughing. I did tell the poor eye doctor my whole story so that he could laugh along also (I'm sure he was thinking I was crazy). We have been off-track since Dec. 23rd today is are last day to play, tomorrow school starts again. Now I'll have to unload the dishwasher, fold laundry and vacuum, oh... and entertain Katie. I'm sad when they leave me:) And, yes we still have Aladdin he has only jumped on the table twice that I know of and continues to use his cat box so I haven't gotten rid of him yet:) Chris always wonders how he, Chris has survived this long, how come I haven't gotten rid of him, hee, hee:)
February 5th Rye has a doctors appointment with the neurologist to check out his brain. Chris has doctors appointment April 9 (unless he makes me mad and I call the doctor- hee, hee).
Love, Ricki

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That was a lot of info in one posting! You've got me laughing! My eye sometimes twitches too. Bri says its a lack of some vitamin... I don't know... I think the stress and lack of sleep thing works for me! Sorry Chris had to do the ER thing. I hope you can get the stubborn ox to do those shots. My grandma died at 45 from an annurism... Blood clot in the brain... Why are men so stubborn when it comes to their health?! Anyhow, glad you have kept your sense of humor. Congrats to the boys on all their badges and awards... You are such a busy person, but you thrive! Take Care!