Monday, May 16, 2011

Chris had chemo Thursday. Lost 2 pounds. White blood cell count 1.8. After chemo Chris and I headed to Megan's track meet. For once it was a warm day so I had Chris sit under an umbrella as he cheered for r school (not suppose to be in the sun). He lasted four hours. We watched Meg run one of her races, the other she called and told us about. While there I got a parking ticket - I swear I was parked in a legal spot on the street but I guess a police officer felt differently. (I dropped Chris off then parked farrr away). Chris' hands are verry dry - bleed at the finger tips and his face continues to be red and have acne. He has been tired but he couldn't resist helping us clean the yard on Saturday:) Rye mowed the lawn and the rest of us weeded or cleaned out the garage.
Friday, Meg had her Senior Ball she looked gorgeous. Sunday, she had her interview with the Bishop for Seminary Graduation!!! Time is going way to fast!! Sunday, Chris also found that when he washed his hair he had a lot come out in his hands. His hair is thinning you can see his scalp but he still has some.
Sorry, it's now Tuesday morning (started writing Monday morning) life got crazy-no time to write:) For FHE are cousins came over. They brought us Grandma Wach's famous tamale pie. Chris ate a ton!!:) So much fun to visit with them and Meg practiced her seminary presentation on us, we learned about Pres. Kimball and Rye taught us about Pres. David O McKay.
Today, we are going to go and get Chris' new driver's license. He wants to get it before all his hair falls out. Expires on his bday May 22. Crazy to have to pay to get a license for a guy that isn't going to use it long:( We also have a JV Region track meet for Rye. It is raining and cold. Going to be hard on Chris, and not fun for the rest of us.
This week feels extra, extra crazy. So many errands. Tomorrow scouts for Tay and Rye. Thursday, chemo and Meg has BYU orientation. I asked my mom if she could stay "a long time" on Thursday so that I could go with Meg (poor mom - dealing with homework:) Friday, Tay and Rye each have a camp out for scouts, and I'm going to be a "bad mom" and let Jacob and Tay stay home from school so that we can go and see one of the first showings of Pirates. We are way excited!! We also have a viewing that night for my brother-in-laws mother. Saturday, is Katie's birthday. Princess cake and Chuck E. Cheese:) and Sunday, is Chris' birthday. The big 44. We are very blessed to still have him around.
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Fleck Family said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! and Yummmy Grandma Wach Tamale pie it is impossible to not eat a ton of that :) I do believe I have that receipe.

Marla said...

I think letting them stay home for Pirates makes you the fun Mom! I remember that my friend got to take off school to go see Indiana Jones and it's still a very fond memory for her that she got to do that with her parents.

Gotta have priorities... School or pirates? I think you made the only reasonable choice. ;)

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Encouraging news that Chris is able to particpate in most family events. Need photos of Megan dressed up for her Senior Ball.:) Seminary and high school graduation..BYU Orientation...exciting times! Sorry about Chris's hair loss and wondering how his chemo went yesterday. I was pleased to hear about the Tamale Pie for FHE...must have been Dale and Sherri cousins...very thougthful of them. Many good things happening despite the challenges. Be sure to have Megan check your mailbox...something there for the "birthday boy". Thinking of Katie's birthday, too, but I didn't send her a card as I haven't sent the other kids cards... I still have the cute little picture Katie drew for me on my fridge!