Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We've done a lot of fun things this past week starting with last Wednesday when Aunt Wanda and Uncle Ray (are favorite aunt named Wanda and are favorite uncle named Ray- hee, hee) from California came and visited us. When they came over to visit little did they know that they were going to be going on a road trip to Provo. They were so kind to drive down with us to Provo so that we could help Meg load up her stuff to bring home. We ate lunch in Provo and then headed back home with little room to move:) Meg is done with finals and living in Provo. We now get to figure out where to store all her stuff.
Tay did a fantastic job at his band concert playing the trumpet and Jacob did a great job with his orchestra concert - he had 3 of them. Chris made it to both Tay and Jacob's concerts. The night of Jacob's concert Chris was soooo tired after putting together and hosting he and Katie's hot chocolate party. We had 11 girls here (age 4-5). Chris decorated the kitchen and living room with lights, wrapped the kitchen table with Grinch wrapping paper, made hot chocolate, put plates, tea cups (I had real glass Christmas ones), spoons, cupcakes, cookies, gift bags (that he and Katie put together), crafts and got the movie ready (the Grinch - of course:). Chris had the boys put on white shirts and ties and had them help serve and help with the craft (gingerbread houses out of foam) and I video taped. What a fun time. What a fun dad. What a fun memory. Sooo precious.
Friday night the guys got together and played Dungeons and Dragons kids sure love playing (don't think the adults mind either:) Meg and I went to the gym - it was fun to have her along, it's more fun to go with someone.
Saturday, Katie, Jacob, some of Jacob's friends (couldn't get the older kids to come:) and I went and saw Chipwrecked for free (we won tickets to see it). We had a great time. We even won a Chipmunk movie, tshirts, balls and Jacob won a Play dough dentist kit. After we went to the music store to get Jacob Book II for his violin. I went up to Park City to play with my friends who have moved all over the state and even Florida (her husband flew her here for her bday and another friend set up the rest:) We ate, talked and shopped at the outlet mall. It was sooo much fun to hang out with them, boy do I miss them. While I was playing Chris took care of Jr. Jazz games for Tay and Jacob.
Sunday, Katie was suppose to give a talk in primary - which I forgot about until someone reminded me in the hall on the way to sharing time. I ran for Chris - he's soo good at coming up with talks quickly. He ran to the library and got a picture of Christ. Then he whispered "the talk" into Katie's ear and she repeated it. Ya, I'm crying!! It was such a beautiful, tender moment. I wish I could have video taped it. A father whispering words into his daughters ear and she repeating them, about Christmas and Christ's birth and how we can all be resurrected someday. What will I ever do without him?????
Monday, Chris worked in Katie's classroom (he did that last Monday also:), Jacob "played sick," - "gold bricker" as we call him. For FHE we did our family tradition of seeing the lights on Temple Square and of singing Christmas carols in the Energy Solutions building. We took friends with us and met friends there. It was a lot of fun (like always) singing Christmas carols, listening to the orchestra (trumpet and violin the most, of course), being with friends (seeing friends there that have moved) and family, seeing the Jazz Bear and Alex Boye (he was a hoot). After the lights we needed something warm so we went to Crown Burger (9:00 pm) and had dinner (hee, hee) and met my friend from Florida so that she could come home with us and we could take her to the airport Tues. (her brother lives in Provo and they all came down to see the lights and then "hand her over":). We finally got everyone in bed by 11:30!!! yikes!! I kicked Chris off his side of the bed and had him sleep on the couch so that my friend and I could stay up talking (and of course the bed is more comfortable then the couch- hee, hee). We stayed up talking til 3 am!!!
Tuesday, 6 am comes quick. I had to get Rye up and then myself because I had to be at Tay's school at 8:40 for a SEOP meeting with the school and Tay (Student Education Occupation Plan)
Before Tay left for school we said a prayer (like always) and in his prayer he thanked Heavenly Father for my friend and for "letting his mommy have a sleepover with her friend" (ya, I'm crying again:) After the meeting I ran home and helped (ok laughed at) my friend packing her stuff (she had to much fun shopping). We went to breakfast and had the "to die for" syrup at Kneaders. Oh, and some french toast:) and a Dr. Pepper. Needless to say I then went and bought a sandwich to counter act all the shaking I was doing from having to much sugar, hee, hee. After breakfast/lunch we went and saw some of her other friends. Time goes fast and it was time to take her to the airport. It was soo much fun having her. I have always felt like we knew each other before this life. We get along so well. She is amazing. I am verry, verry blessed to have her as a friend (ya, crying again). Oh, and for Christmas she brought me a "stick of butter" Christmas ornament from Paula Deen's restaurant in Georgia. Sooo funny. Our family laughed so hard. They know I am a Paula Deen fan and I LOVE butter!!! Story is when I was a kid I would eat sticks of butter just for fun and keep some under my pillow (hey, I don't remember this but my mom does:) When I got home Katie came up to me crying because she had gotten in trouble at school (Chris took care of it). A boy called her a name so she pushed him:( I went and picked Tay up from school to take him to the ortho., he had broken off a chain in his mouth. Made dinner before Jacob went to scouts, got my pj's on after I took him to scouts (I could barely function - soooo tired). I had Katie in bed by 7:30, told each kid what time they were to be in bed and then by 8:40 I was in bed. I was awakened by the phone ringing at 9:20 pm to hear Chris saying to the person on the other end of the phone "Are you ok?", "What happened?", "Do you need me to come and get you?" Heart pounding I come out to find out what happened (Meg worked today and was suppose to be home at 9). Dear, sweet Megan was in yet another car accident!! This time her fault. No one hurt. It was in the round about up in Park City on the way to the Outlet mall. It was driveable, at least to home. Meg also said that the girl that she hit and her mother were very nice. I looked at the car last night when she came home, it didn't look to bad. Then this morning when I went to take kids to school I saw it and started crying. It's not pretty. Even my dad said that he wouldn't work on it - she "shifted" everything six inches, too much work needs to be done and not sure if the frame is bent. (ya, crying again:) Called the insurance company to talk with them about this being Megan's second ticket (last one was speeding) and now an accident. How much is are deductible and how much are the monthly payments going up to? It's a $500.00 deductible on Meg's car and we won't see an increase in our insurance until August. Insurance agent told us also to let him know when Meg leaves for China then he can take her off for six months. So, when she comes back we will reevaluate what we are going to do about her and insurance. Meg no longer works at McDonald's. Chris and I will drive her to wherever she needs to go. Thank goodness she has a job interview today with a friend who owns a fast food store. Meg is sad but with our families situation things are different. She just needs to earn money and will soon be going to China. We keep telling her to keep her goal in sight. Things will work out. We love her soo much and are sad that she has to learn things "the hard way." Just another bump in the road:) I told her to look on the bright side - she can now spend more time with her dad while he drives her places - hee, hee. Everything will be fine as soon as she and I stop crying. LOL
Chris and Rye are at the Jazz game right now. Fun for them:)
Tomorrow (Thursday) I get to chaperone lunch at the middle school and Friday I feed the entire elementary staff (60 people) breakfast. I'm being lazy this year and buying french toast and "to die for" syrup and a fruit tray from Kneaders and serving drinks. Not to hard:) Then finally it will be a week of being lazy, lazy, and more lazy. Only a week - rats!!
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
Merry Christmas. We love ya all, Ricki

2 comments:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

So fun to see a photo of us with some of your family at the Italian restuarant in Provo. We have wonderful memories of our time spent with you. Good to read of all the successful family activities..and smiled as I read of Chris and his "tea party" for Katie. It sounds so cute, plus having the brothers serve as waiters---what a grand event! And, the school activities went well...your visit to Temple Square - your great down-time with your friends--all went as planned it sounds like. Sorry to hear of Megan's car accident, though. May you all have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR! I plan to celebrate by...going to bed at 10 p.m...getting older (and wiser!). xoxoxooxxoxo

Kristen W. said...

Awww...I finally got back on here (instead of just making you tell me everything!) and read what you wrote about our fun together!! Love you so much my sweet "LOOPY"! It was a night I'll never forget! Hahaha!! :) No more crying...we'll be there soon!!