Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Biggest, craziest news of the week. . . . . yesterday we went to the DMV to get Ryan his license (next month he'll be 17 and permit will expire- he hasn't really cared about driving), Meg took her defensive driving class Saturday (thanks to grandma driving her) and so she just needed to pay the $30 fine (waiting to see how much money insurance is going to be!!!), and Chris .......... Missouri forgot to tell Utah that we had paid the ticket so UT suspended his license.  We only found this out because are car insurance company tried to renew are policy but couldn't because of the hold.  Wellllll come to find out Chris has been driving on a suspended license ..... (wait for it.... since....... OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hellooooo, you should have seen are mouths drop when the lady at the window told us this.  October??!!!  How blessed can one family get??!!  Not being pulled over??!!!  Jail time! Hello!!!  Thanks soooo much UT and Missouri for talking to each other and US!!!!!  CRAZY!!!  And of course even after talking to the manager at the DMV she still made us pay the fine $30. By the time we walked out of there we had spent $90!!!  Soooo much fun.  "Just keep smiling!!"  Oh, and are car insurance agent had told us "not to pull the cancer card" other wise we would be coming into the DMV every 6 months to renew Chris' license and if we forgot they would suspend it until he came in and paid a fine!!!!!!  Love the DMV.  I hope not to see them again until Tay is getting his permit (please not to soon!!!).  Getting gray hair just from that place!!!

This week we have had lots of fun with family and friends.  Friends we haven't seen for years.  The fourth was spent with a house full of fun.  Lots of food, friends and family.  The day started out with Tay and Chris cooking breakfast for the neighborhood.  Chris made Katie and I Mickey Mouse pancakes.  Chris took a couple of naps during the day - sooo tired from working so hard early in the morning.  We had a great time watching the fireworks from r back deck.  You can see fireworks from one end of the valley to the other, we could also see the Alpine fire that was raging on the mountain across from us.

Friday, I went to Webelos Day camp with Jacob.  I am soooo grateful for tender mercies from Heavenly Father!!!  We hiked 3 miles - it wasn't easy.  The other leader that I was with turned back after going 200 feet:) and so did others.  It was a difficult trail - it would have been to hard on Chris. He would have gone because he felt he needed to - wouldn't want to leave the boys without a leader.  (yes, I'm crying - I cried when they gave us the schedule) another one was that it had rained the day before so it wasn't so dusty.  I can't stand dirt!!!!  so it was a little muddy - not much, just perfect and it smelled wonderful.  Scout camp can get sooo dusty.  I felt like Heavenly Father had looked out for me (the rain) and Chris the hike.  We had fun.  Great hike, lunch, buying stuff at the Trading Post, shot BB Guns and finished up the Forester requirement.  Headed back home - after getting a Slurpee - it's a scout tradition:)  While in camp the eye doctor called and told us jacob's glasses were ready.  I was afraid that if we didn't stop on the way home (3:45) that we wouldn't make it back (once I showered and laid on my bed I might not get up:) Sooo, smelly like we had been on a hike (there were 4 of us) we stopped at the eye doctors office and got his glasses.  He's soooo handsome.  I reallllly wanted to get them for him because he didn't hit one shot onto the target paper when he was BB shooting (we all know why now:( and I wanted him to have a better time on Saturday when he was doing archery.  That night when we read scriptures he read like a pro!!!  it's amazing what seeing can do!!!!! 
Saturday, Chris took the boys up to camp.  They canoed, archery, ate lunch, Trading post, first aid, animal studies (can't remember what's its called).  I went to the temple to watch Chris' friend and his wife (my friend also h ee, hee) (His name is Ryan - Chris baptized him and we named r Ryan after him) be sealed.  I felt guilty that Chris wasn't there.  Sorry, Ryan but i felt that Chris realllyyy needed to be with Jacob.  Last year Chris was to ill to go so I went both days.  I'm glad that Chris was well enough to go this year and of course not knowing what the future will bring didn't want to take a "chance on next year."  This was r last year going to cub scout camp.  Next year Jacob will attend the 11 year old scout camp (last time I get to go).  Than off to scouts.  My last baby boy:( 
Chris came home, showered and took a nap.  I took Rye to work and then came back to get the kids settled for the evening so that Chris and i could attend a wedding up at Snowbird.  We were suppose to ride the tram to the top for the wedding but it rained earlier that day and they said it was to muddy.  Poor bride.  It was still outside but certainly nothing like it would have been.  We ate and visited.  Chris and I only knew the groom, his parents and siblings.  After we went and picked up Rye from work and headed home to rally the troops to bed. Church at 9 am!!!
Sunday, both Tay and Rye were "sick"  After church I fixed lunch and then Meg and I and r good friends the Wilson's headed to r friends missionary farewell.  I just can't believe how fast time has flown!!!  I remember when we first met them - kids soo little.  And we have a lot more missionary farewells coming up.  Crazy to think we won't see them for 2 years.  We are soo proud of them.  Soo, grateful that Meg has such good friends.  (yes, I'm crying -reminded me of the "old days":) Life certainly changes after your child leaves high school!  I feel very blessed.  Oh, and at the farewell we sat with -( what Meg hopes and their family also) "Meg's future in-laws" LOLOLOL  (his name - Dakota is on a mission in Brazil as of "today, right now" he has 432 days til he comes home - Meg's not counting!!- he's a great guy and we'd be proud to have him in r family:):):):):)

The rest of the week goes like this:  lazy, lazy, get Tay ready for a 3 day scout trip (my dad is going with him - Chris isn't well enough - his stomach has been giving him TTONS of trouble - thanks dad. at webelos camp I was also sooo grateful that they had flush toilets for the adults - other cub camps have out houses for everyone - ssooo grateful. lolololo:)  On Friday, we get to go up to the school adn see who Katie and Jacob's teachers are for school - school starts in 2 weeks:(  Rye works, Chris has decided to be in another league bball team so they have a game on Wednesday. And we will throw in one more 3 mile hike for Jacob - he needs it for his Arrow of  Light.  Darn, one hike can't count for two - we need two:)  That's ok we like to hike - to a nice waterfall.

We had a lot to do this past week but enjoyed every minute of it.  Life is very rewarding.  So, grateful for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the tender mercies that they show r family.  Sooo, grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have that we can be together forever as an eternal family, that I will be with Chris again. 
Love, Ricki
I know you are all wondering:):):):)  NO we haven't seen a worm yet!!!! Heeeeeee, heeeeeeee.  You know you love me!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my!!! Glad it turned out well! And Ryan looks so darn cute!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I haven't read your Blog in a couple of weeks..finally have some time to catch up on things today. Interesing ready AS ALWAYS! You write so descriptively that I feel I am the middle of all the activities. Interesting about the DMV experiences...gosh..glad it all worked out okay for everyone! Hikes, Scouts, Temple weddings, missionary farewells, AND finding out the name of Megan's someone special...DAKOTA! I have a nephew named that and I have always loved the name. Thanks for keeping us abreast of your family happenings....all great news. And, yes the Lord continues to show all of you His "tender mercies". xoxoxoxoxoxo