Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Round FIVE (almost done:) Chris has been very tired and in a lot of pain. His "chemo brain" has started. Saturday night he was up alll night. He said that he used the restroom 20 times that he hadn't slept all night. His really nice 4G cell phone went through the washer and then the dryer:(:( It is sitting in a bowl of rice and the rest of us r praying, praying, praying that a miracle will happen and that it will work again.
We have the best tax guy. He did r taxes for free and then he did Megan's taxes for free because he doesn't charge missionaries. Sooo blessed!! If you need a tax guy for next year let me know.:)
Since Meg left we called r insurance and had her taken off. We also went back to r old insurance (they didn't want us when we had Meg lol). We gave back the contraption that was on Megs car. We are now saving $84.00 a month!!!! What two tickets and an accident can do to your insurance!!! I'm not sure we want her back. JUST KIDDING, we totally miss that girl!!
Thursday, Katie and I made chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies for Meg and her companions. Katie found a girl cookie cutter - so we ended up making 8 sister missionary cookies - only took 5 hours by the time we frosted each one. Each one was different since we don't know what the girls look like - except Meg. We ended up sending only 7 because someone ate one of them!!!!! (there are 8 sisters in Megs district and 3 elders). Katie and I had alot of fun making them. Sooo much fun that we did it all over again on Friday:):) My niece was having surgery and so Katie thought it would be fun to make her a bouquet of cookies - so we did. Flowers, stars, hearts and one girl (I was not doing anymore than that - I was still tired from the day before:)
Friday, Chris went to the Jazz game with r brother in law Jim. He had seats on the fifth row!!! Chris was tired when he left for the game. He came back exhausted. Tooo much excitement. He told me that one time he yelled at the ref in Spanish. Ref turned and looked at him and the audience around him laughed. He had a great time:)
Saturday, r good friend Russ and his son Brayden came over and painted r bathrooms. I think they were tired of in the hall bathroom looking at the chocolate brown paint that Katie started peeling and then others joined in - it was r look at the wall and "see what you can see" design. Most popular is the "rhino" Like looking up at the clouds. The master bath was "outlined" in chocolate colored paint. It's only been 2 years since I started these painting projects. The bathrooms are now tan. They look great. Thanks sooo much. Saturday was also Chris and I's 23rd wedding anniversary. Chris bought me flowers:) and we went out to dinner with Russ and Kristen Wilson to Braza Grill. (thanks groupons:):) Sooo yummy. I did cry when Chris started speaking Portuguese to the waiter -my Megan (yes, I still cry alot:)
Last night for Family Home Evening Jacob gave the lesson and I taught the activity..........we learned how to ........IRON!!!! Stop laughing!! We had a lot of whining and joking - since I don't iron myself. hhee,hee. The squirt bottle was the best part of ironing. Chris kept telling the boys "don't burn my shirt," "don't melt the buttons" inspite of all the complaining they seemed to have fun and hopefully learned something. Rye once again said he would hire someone or just wear it wrinkly. So, we've learned how to sew on buttons and iron - what's next? I think that once a year will do these over. A "refresher course" lol.
Last chemo - round six is Tuesday, April 23rd.
Jacob and Katie go back on track Monday:( Meg gets to email us today - can't wait. soo, look tomorrow on her blog for something new:) Thank goodness for a quiet week.
"Don't you give up. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead....It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffrey R. Holland
Love ya, Ricki

4 comments:

Colette said...

Glad Chris got to go to a game with such great tickets!! YAY for cute cookies and missionary packages - I look forward to reading her letter. You are a super star as always!

Kristi said...

LOVE the FHE activity! I tried teaching Austin on Sunday how to iron and he wouldn't have any part of it. I'm gonna have to try your FHE idea! Glad Chris got to go to the JAZZ! And wow on the cookies! You are dang good at that girl! Wish you could teach me how to decorate elder cookies for Jordan!!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I enjoyed reading every word of your post, Ricki. I sensed a bit of calmness in your activities - some fun and good times as always, but maybe not as hectic. The cookies were adorable - glad Chris went to the game even though pooped--I had to laugh at him yelling at a ref in Spanish. Good FHE activity, too. I will have to go on Sister Megan's Blog and get caught up with her. Today is Chris's last chemo...a milestone. xoxoxoo

Unknown said...

I have a new Windows phone if Chris wants it.
Let me know. Heather Davidson.