Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Friday...

Friday, friday, friday, it's the day we all look forward to in the week. But this week I'm not sure. Should I dread it, or not be able to wait until it comes? The day Dad takes his test!!! Mom and Dad will leave early in the morning, then he'll take the test at around ten depending on if there are any delays. Then he'll get the results back at around four. The test is to tell at what stage the cancer is at. Hopefully it is a one or a two. If it is more than that then, then lets not talk about it. Mom thinks that he should do chemo and radiation. In my opinion I think that he should skip both and just have the Whipple surgery. Sure, he'll have diabetes for the rest of his life, but he won't have to go through the pain of chemo and radiation or risk the cancer coming back. Plus people who have had Whipple surgery live longer than those people who have had radiation and chemo. So Whipple surgery sounds better to me. But whatever, it's Mom and Dad's choice.

5 comments:

Breanna said...

Let me know when you find out what happens!!!

Anonymous said...

hey even if he does get diabetes, its not so bad after a while. Look at me, im only fifteen and i have had it for four years. its not as bad as it looks. GOOD LUCK CHRIS! btw... miss u all!!
love ya!!!
Katelyn

Anonymous said...

Wishing your Dad and your family all the best. Our love and prayers will be with you.
Love, Kristen

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer. You are in our family prayers and we hope that all will go well for you and for your family. I wish you all the best in the near future with all that you are going through. Please let me know if there is anything we can do. P.S. You started my kids on the road of trying to collect every pressed coin we can find in and around Disney World. Thanks alot. JK By the way...our last trip cost me around $45-50 in pressed coins. Is there any coins you still need?

Kristi said...

We are so sorry to hear the news! Chris you are truly one of a kind and we have always looked up to you! We hope you and your family are strengthened and know your'e all in our prayers too! Ricki, I'm so sorry! Hang in there! Technology is so much better now and I'm glad to know there are some options. Please keep your blog updated! Love, The Alexander's