Sunday, October 11, 2009

No chemo this week

Went for treatment on Wednesday and my white blood count was too low (indication of immune system strength). It was the same level it was 3 weeks ago when it dipped even lower a week later. The Docs were worried I might go lower again. Treating me with low immune makes it go even lower and the getting sick is not an option, a flu or cold bug could kill me. Not getting treated is nice, not being sick. But every week I don't get treated is just one more week the whole series of treatment is lengthened. I would like to get it over with of course. I am still having issues with eating, nothing stays longer than 24 hours in my system. Hoping body will figure out I need food to survive some day, hehe.

Kids are busy with school, except the 2 younger ones, off tract time. They all have sports they are participating in and seem to enjoy the play. Megan is getting so good at running that Mom and Dad can't keep up with her...well maybe Mom can. I can't run across the front room much less down the street. Megan has regions this week, she wants to run her best, wish her luck! Jacob dodged, cut, and weaved for another touch down in his flag football game yesterday. Taylor's team played an all girls team, the girls were really good and Taylor's star player on his team had to leave at half time, the girls ended up winning! He was not too happy about that. Don't think he was too happy about the girls pushing him around either :).

Thank you again all for thinking about me, I sure do appreciate so many thoughts and well wishes on my behalf. I am approaching 1 year since I first started all this mess. We were told 2 months to live in the beginning, I am still here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who was diagnosed to die within 3 months. This was about 30 years ago. I saw him about a year ago, old and gray but still going strong.
Keep going Chris, keep eating. keep fighting, and keep megan running (it keeps her out of driving the car and we can all feel safer...ha ha).
God bless you and your family

monte

Unknown said...

my dad was told 6 months and he lived 18 years after that.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Prices

Anonymous said...

keep your head up and stay close to the lord. he has blessed you and your family tremendously. it really is a inspiration for all of us to have faith. im so happy to know you are doing ok. keep fighting! you are in our prayers!
we love you!

Brooke Alexander

Amy Callaway said...

I'm glad I found this link in my email ... I need to keep up with you more. It looks like you and your family are holding up. Take care, I miss seeing you at work. Next time y'all are in Florida let me know and our families can visit Mickey together.