Friday, July 16, 2010

I just want to thank all of you for your prayers on Chris' behalf. I believe that is why he was able to have such a good time at camp. I have been told that it was like he wasn't even sick. You wouldn't even know that he was dieing. He climbed up a 30 foot high obstacle course (which looked really hard), white water rafted and from all the video he took, it looked like they had tons of fun. I am sooo happy that he was able to have fun. Ohh, and from the dirt on their clothes "I know they had fun!" Of course my child was the one that found the mud puddle and rolled in it!!
I kept myself busy this week so that I wouldn't worry as much. One day I grabbed some friends and family and we went and hiked to Cecret Lake and then roasted hotdogs and marshmellows. It was a lot of fun. Beautiful flowers and cool weather.
Today Chris went to work and I headed up to Cub camp. Jacob and I had fun. We took up 13 boys!!! Boy am I tired and dirty. New van stayed home:) I took Chris' car - hee, hee. Tomorrow Chris will go up with Jacob. He's funny, on the way home he was telling me how tomorrow he "can act like a boy," "no mom's to boss them around" and that "dad will buy him whatever he wants" Yeah, I'm feeling the love:)
One of are sweet young friends asked Chris if he would baptize him. So, tomorrow Chris will have the privilege of baptizing and confirming him. Meg will lead the music and say a prayer, I will say a prayer and all the kids will sing a musical number. It was very special of him to ask our family to participate. We love ya buddy!
Sunday, we leave to play in the ocean and see "our favorite" aunt and uncle. It will be a nice week building sand castles, playing in the pool and being with family. We have to come back Saturday because school starts Monday (July 26th) for Taylor and Jacob. Gotta love year-round school!!!
Thanks again. Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

Aunt Wanda said...

Glad that Scout camp was such a success. We were actually in Jackson Hole on Friday, July 9! We went to the Bar J Chuckwagon Buffet and Show....such a great performance. I even bought 2 Western CDs by the Bar J group. We went into part of Great Teton National Park, too.

So looking forward to seeing you on Friday. Party time!

Kristi said...

What a blessing that he is able to do so much. Talk about living life! What an example he is to all of us. The many things you have done in the past 2 years will be talked about often in your family even after Chris passes on. Thanks for sharing the wonderful experiences you are having!