Friday, December 10, 2010

Chris lost 3 pounds this week. Didn't have chemo because his white blood cell count was 0.78. Last weeks chemo was realllyy hard on him. He was still throwing up Wednesday night, which is unusual. The nurse gave him an IV of Zofran to try to relieve the nausea. Doctor decided that Chris should come back next week for chemo (it would have been his off week). Will see how it goes.
So, now I have to be flexible with my schedule (which I don't like to do:) We were going to celebrate Jacob's bday next Saturday, during the day after his Jr. Jazz game and before my Uncle's xmas party (Friday, I have tickets to the David Archuleta and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert- lucky, lucky ME!!! I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming when they arrived in the mail:) but we are now going to celebrate tonight because Chris might be ill next week. Had to call all the relatives, go and get his present and buy his birthday cake. Asked my mom to babysit Katie next week. Change my dentist appointment (was next Thursday- that's ok though hate dentist:) If Chris had had chemo yesterday he would have then had chemo Dec. 23rd making him sick for Christmas. This way if he has chemo next week then he won't be sick for Christmas. Good thing. So, now Chris can go to Jacob's bday party, his Jr. Jazz game on Saturday and ward Xmas party. Maybe I will even throw in a trip to Temple Square to see the lights - since he is feeling better (hee, hee) then if he had chemo:):) Doctor mentioned changing chemo to every two weeks. We meet with him Dec. 30th.
"Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." (Ether 12:6)
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What are U talking about Ricki??? You are Miss Flexible! HAHA! Glad he gained weight, sad he lost a bit of it. Maybe next time will be better eh? Hope he can enjoy Christmas!! Love your thoughts on Faith... Brian and I just spoke in Sacrament Meeting on that very topic... Maybe I should have flown you up here as our guest speaker! :D Say hello to all! Love ya!