Monday, December 20, 2010

Thursday Chris had chemo. He lost 3 pounds but his white blood cell count was 3.4!!! Wow! From .78 to 3.4. Anything higher than a 3 is were they like it to be:) After chemo we had a family Christmas party (my mom's side) Chris wasn't well but such a trooper went anyway. He is tired, sick and been having bad headaches. He is also trying hard not to get sick, thanks to his family. I started getting sick Friday. Poor Chris has been sleeping on the couch since then:(
Meg and I went to the David Archuleta/Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. It was wonderful!!! After the concert we ran to Deseret Book store and waited almost two hours in the cold for him to sign some CD's that we bought. Saturday night we had are annual family (my dads side)Christmas party. Chris was ill but came. We ate, talked and Santa came. Fun to see all the relatives. Last year at this time Chris was in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs, and making me wonder if he would be around to baptize Jacob. Jacob's last birthday brings back wonderful memories - being baptised on Christmas Eve and having a wonderful lunch and a beautiful birthday cake made by a special family. Thanks again:):)
Chris will see the doctor on December 30th and should have chemo.
Hope your almost done or done (that would be better:) Christmas shopping. I am excited to start relaxing (hee,hee). After Wednesday morning I can. I am feeding the teachers breakfast Wednesday. I am having most of it catered. Thank goodness since I am not feeling well. Darn cold!!! Last week I had a child home sick every day. Ahhh. (Didn't get any shopping done!) Haven't even started on neighbor gifts yet! I do have to admit yesterday was fun - all day treats kept arriving. Kids would fight to get to the door to receive the goodie. We are surrounded by good cooks. Keep um comin!!:) hee, hee.
Have a Merry Christmas! We love you all,
Ricki

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So happy his white blood cell count is better! yay! Thinking of you guys lots! Lots of hugs from Vegas!

Aunt Wanda said...

So good to read "good" news about Chris with a higher white blood cell count, and not having to have chemo the week of Christmas. Thank heavens for little blessings. Well, the Teacher breakfast is behind you, and now maybe you can concentrate on your family Christmas and last minute stuff that always needs done. This is the week Mommies get very little sleep! Visions of sugar plums don't dance in their heads, but "to-do" lists loom instead! I was SO tickled to hear about you and Megan being able to attend the David Archuleta Concert...way cool!! We appreciated your very precious "thank you" note. Love and hugs to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas. God Bless you.

monte

Claudete said...

Hi.
My name is Claudete ( familia Silva, my sister is Simone), I am from Brasil, but I live here in USA.
E.Wach served his mission in my city, Passo Fundo.
Me and my family, was heart broket, but we know how special he is, and how God loves him.
Chris was a great missionary, so happy, full of love for my peaple.

whit all my prayers,

I know everything will be ok.