Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally!!!!  Meg sold her apartment contract Thursday.  Lucky for me I have been sick and she needed to be moved out by Thursday night.  Didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped.  1- she "thought" she had packed. 2- she had to return library books and pick up a check from the Admin bldg by 5 pm. 3-clean. 4- 5 flights of stairs will exhaust anyone, especially a mother who went to the doctor earlier that day because of strep throat. (mother's NEVER rest - lol). It was quite the day.  My sweet sister in law watched my kids while I was gone.  Car was soo full that we had to go home and unload first before I could go and pick them up.  I drove by my favorite hamburger place  which I would have stopped and eaten at if I could taste and if I knew that it wouldn't feel like I was eating shattered glass. sooo, now all seven us live under one roof again.  We are all trying to adjust. Hee, hee.  Meg was telling me that the next time she gets all her stuff out of r house will be when she gets married!!!  Crazy!!!  She still doesn't know what she is doing.  If you follow her on face book one minute she is counting down the days and the next she is finding out that Dakota's coming home sooner than expected.  Now, she is looking for a job but doesn't know if it is for 3 months or for longer.:):)  For her bday Chris took her, Jacob and Katie to dinner.  Tay and I were to sick to go and Rye was working.  It wasn't a very exciting bday for her:(  Yesterday she cleaned the temple for the first time.  She said she would clean it everyday for free:):) (I was suppose to go - I figured I wouldn't do the Lord any good laying on a bench:):)
Last Monday at Rye's work party he won a 32 inch TV:):)  He brought it home and told me it was mine- he felt bad he had forgotten my birthday.  What a nice boy:):)  Tay and Rye just finished semester number 2 at school.  They did a great job having missed so many days while we were in DisneyWorld.  Rye now has college credits to add to his resume.  He is taking Math 1050 this quarter. 
Jacob loves his contacts.  Tuesday, Jacob and Katie go back to school:( 
Chris is still not well. His back is still killing him and he is always very, very cold no matter how many sweaters he has on.  He has been refereeing ym and men ward bball games.  That doesn't require running up and down the court, he feels useful and he enjoys it and.... he's good at it. (he used to ref highschool bball games for money) he tries to play on the team but can only be in for about 2 minutes:( 
Life is never dull around here.
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I'm one of Meg's friends. And I waited for my missionary. Unfortunately, the age changed way after I turned 19, in fact, it changed just 1 month before my missionary came home. I was really sad and discouraged. I wished it would have changed while he was gone. It was so hard. I had dreamed of going on a mission since I can remember. Everyone still tells me that I should go. But I always knew in my heart, that my path was to be with my missionary in the end, and that I would have the chance to serve in different ways, and someday I'd be able to serve a mission with my companion.

It was a tough decision and it still is when people ask, but I know in my heart I will always be a missionary, with or without the name-tag. I hope Meg remembers to always involve the Lord with her choices, and if her heart is with Dakota, and their goals together are to end up at the Temple, the Lord will support her no matter what. Same with choosing a mission. I know that it is hard when your heart is tugging at two different things, I just hope she knows that if she chooses not to go on a mission, she won't be looked down upon, or hated for it. In fact, I'm sure I would pick my missionary over a mission any day... :) I love following your blog and I'm excited to see if Meg goes or stays. Either way, she'll stay a fabulous person!!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I am sorry to hear about your strep throat. Proud of you for pulling yourself up by the boot straps and helping Megan move out...what a true, self-sacrificing Mom you continue to be. Never a dull moment is right....all kids back at home now. Busy, but these are the "good times" in many ways, too. Sorry to know Chris continues in pain, is always cold, but he, too, rises to the occasion like good yeast when he needs to. Love you all....oxoxoxoxox

Colette said...

Nooooooooo!!! You can't be sick! Maybe that's the Lord's way of hoping you'll take a break and sleep! Strep throat is horrible, I hope it passes quickly.