Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Yes, I know I haven't written for a while. I do have plenty of excuses and .... I did start three different times... they're just in the "draft" section of the blog. lol.
So, I will try and sum this up quick so that there isn't a "fourth" draft:)  Chris is NOT well at all.  We have stopped sleeping in the same room due to the pain he is in and the sleep he isn't getting.  If I don't get enough sleep I am a very unkind person.  He tried sleeping on the couch so as not to bother me but I found out that the couch has a permanent "dip" in it because of all the other times he has slept on it and that was hard on him so I made him "stop being nice" and take the bed.  Now he can watch tv if he needs to, lay in the middle of the bed, moan and groan all he wants, walk around the room or stand on the floor and bend himself in half and lay on the bed (all of which he does to try and alleviate the pain).  His back is hurting him a TON, his hips are gone and so he can't sleep on his side.  The tumor in his neck is very large and making it at times hard to swallow.  Breathing is becoming difficult, he is skinny and the tumor in his groin area is growing.  And....... he wants to die on my birthday.... Jan 11.....so that I will always remember him!!!!!!!!  I'm sure that it won't happen but he is done living.  He is in sooo much pain.  He asked me a couple of weeks ago "to let him go"  I of course said "no."  I told him it was fine to die on my bday but that put the funeral around Meg's bday (Jan 16) and I wasn't ok with that.  It's one thing to ruin my bday for the rest of my life but not hers.  I also keep reminding him that Taylor turns 14 on Jan 29 and will need to be ordained to a teacher.  Can't go anywhere!!!!  (Meg turns 20!!)  When you see him he doesn't act sick, but he is.  Tay asked me a few days ago "if dying hurts?"  I think we can all feel that it is getting closer.  We have witnessed a lot of miracles/blessings these past few months.  Megan getting her endowments and Chris being able to attend.  Being together for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New year's... spending good quality time together. There is always a pit in my stomach each morning until I hear the bed room door open - then I know he is alive:):)  Chris played a HORRIBLE trick on me the other day.  It was morning and I came into the room to get something and to me he looked like he might be dead, so I snuck up close to see if the blankets were rising and falling - nothing so I went closer and all of a sudden Chris sits up and yells "gottacha!!!"  I wanted to hit him really hard but instead hit the mattress and told him that I hated him. lol.  What a brat!!!! 
Meg is down at BYU again.  She couldn't sell her apartment contract so not sure how this is going to work when it's time to leave for Portugal.  She is working at the MTC and taking a Portuguese class.  and will celebrate her 20th bday on the 16th.  This is a secret...... you didn't hear it from me.....Meg will hang me by my toenails...... but she had her first colonoscopy on Friday.  Due to family history at age 19 each child will have one.   I must say it was a very emotional time for me..  I had Dr. Doxey do the colonoscopy for Meg.  He is a very kind man we saw him a few times in 2008 in the ER and I have never forgotten his kindness.  I knew he would understand my stress:)  Thankfully, she is ok and doesn't need another one for three years.  What a relief. (if you need a colonoscopy we have a wonderful doctor - I can give you his number:):)  My half glass empty personality was sending my thoughts reeling.  Not a good time to be around me. lol. So as for this mission stuff  I know this will all work out we just have to keep reminding ourselves that the Lord has a plan.  Have faith:)  Anyone needing an apartment in Provo by BYU? call us. lol.
Rye is working at Chick fil a still.  Adn he and Chris just finished a big school project last night.  Thanks to Chris I'm sure that he will get an A plus.  It was a power point presentation which Chris has always been good at:)
Tay babysat the neighbors bunny while they were gone at Christmas.  Did a great job at his Christmas band concert and is filling out the paperwork for his Eagle project. Will turn 14 on the 29th.  (just in case I don't write before then - lol)
Jacob turned 11 on Christmas Eve.  We spoiled him all month for his bday.  We went to Play Planet with friends and is covered from head to toe in Agent P clothing from Phineas and Ferb.  He just got contacts yesterday.  You might think he's a little young but he is very responsible (not like others in this family), he wanted them and hey, new insurance started this week. lol. (we have a great eye doctor if you need one:):)  We are off track right now so it is perfect for getting used to them.
Katie is alllll girl!!!!  and verry, very spoiled:):)  She got a cotton candy machine, and a  cake pop machine  for Christmas (all messy:):). 
Chris just reminded me that he has three days left!!!!  I reminded him that "he should go out in style"  there is the laundry to fold, the dishwasher to empty....... lol.  He's not to happy that I put this on the blog.  He really is a great guy:):)  Those of you that know us know that this is how we deal with it.  We laugh, we joke.  It's been four years.  I get tired of fixing my makeup from crying so..... joking it is.  Don't think badly of Chris.  I always try to put myself in his shoes and think how I would be... I would be afraid that  I would be forgotten also.  I know he is.  He mentions it often to us. I've tried to reassure him that we will never forget him.  He and I have been together over 23 years.  There is nothing that he hasn't touched in my life.  I told him I will cry every second!!  He doesn't want that he says.  Life is a roller coaster of emotions.  I'm sooo grateful for the gospel.  Without it I can't even imagine!!!!!!!!!!! 
We love ya all, Ricki

6 comments:

Colette said...

Oh, Ricki. I think of you and pray for your family every day. I was so glad you posted today, although I'm sure it came with tears to write it. I think often of Chris and my heart breaks for what he (and you all) are facing. You are both such rocks and you tackle each day with such strength. Keep the faith, know you have an army of angels around you. Love you so much!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I just per chance checked your Blog and there it was...an update, but not what I wanted to hear as far as Chris' health. My heart is breaking for him and for you as well. I don't know what to say other than you are right about the Blessings your family has had these 4 years, and especially lately. What can I say....love you all so much. xoxooxoxo

Debby Brown said...

I love you guys with all my heart and just ache for what you're going through. I wish it was easier - but like they say "I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it." You are not alone Sweetie. Thanks Rickie I am glad I am not the only nut - I catch myself listening for Jim's bedroom door to open each morning and just catch my breath if it runs later then usual. May God and all the prayers be with you in this your hour of need.

Katie said...

Ricki, tell Chris that he will never ever be forgotten. I will always remember him--so many good memories. Haven't seen you all for years, but feel like you are always there :) take care!

David said...

Love you guys. Hang in there. Hug Chris every day. We will miss him too, but we will all see each other soon enough.

Love, David

Kristi said...

Well dang, the tears are pouring down my face. I'm so sorry he's having to suffer. Chris will never be forgotten. Even my kids that didn't get to know him very well ask about him. Karly wanted to go play with Katie when we were there for a few days. Wish we would've had time!!! There's just something about the Wach house that makes you feel invited.. especially with all the kidding around!! You're a rock. You all are. Love you all!