Friday, February 15, 2013

Sooo, if you haven't read Feb. 14th's blog post read that one first then you will know why I am now "going backwards."
 Tay was made a Teacher - now 14!!!  Grateful that Chris was able to ordain him:) 
Meg taught the Relief Society lesson.  She did a great job, she was soooo nervous.  She made a very cute handout and did the cucumber/pickle object lesson (lesson 3).  Dakota's mom and sister were kind enough to come and support her (I mean make her even more nervous - lol).  My primary partner was kind enough to do the lesson so I could listen to Meg.  I haven't been in Relief Society for 8 years - felt weird:)  I got to do a lot more talking than I wanted to.  It was a very quiet group.  She did wonderful and I was sooo proud of her.  What an amazing woman she is becoming:):)  The count down is at 48 days til she leaves.  she lets us know everyday the number. lol.  She got a job.  Orientation was on Wed. and she started Thurs.  She is working at a McDonald's closer to home.  she came home yesterday and told us that she works with a lot of Ryan's friends (she still thinks that the pants make "her look fat" but at least she wasn't crying. hee, hee).  She just needed something to keep her busy, make money and get her to stop driving us crazy "I want to go now," "Why can't I go now?"........it gets a little annoying (just a little!!!!!!!!)  Yes, we will miss her when she's gone:)  Last night we had r family Valentine dinner and Meg said "I don't remember having one last year."  That's cause she was in China - time flies!!  She was still "eating gross stuff" then it grew on her:):)
Last week my dad was kind enough to come over and fix my dishwasher - can't live without one of those!!!  And..... I was shopping in a store that had their light fixtures from $50 to $5 so I snagged two of them for my house.  One by the front door and one over the kitchen sink.  Sooo, my dad being a handy man put in one of them (I sprung this project on him so he hadn't left enough time for both) up and said he'd come back tomorrow to do the other.  In the mean time Dakota's mom (her name is Angie) comes over to bring Meg a gallon of ice cream to thank her for fixing Dakota's dads pants.  Meg sews:):)  She sees my lights.  She mentions that her husband is an electrician (which I didn't know).  Less than an hour later Angie and her family show up on my doorstep, her husband with his tools and installs the other light fixture.  Lucky, lucky me!!!  I say "if" but Meg says "when" she marries Dakota not only is Meg lucky but so am I to have a wonderful family who comes along with him.  They are a great family.  I just didn't know also "handy" lol.  Meg's "plan" is for Dakota and his family, and r family to fly to Portugal to pick her up after her mission and then hop on a plane to Spain so that she and Dakota can be married in the Spain Temple.:):):):)  Better start saving your pennies for those of you who want to attend.  She has also shown me her pinterest page that has all of the things I'm suppose to do for the reception - so Angie and I can start on them while she is gone.  did I mention she's trying to "kill me??!!":):)
Today, I take Chris to the hospital to have his stitches taken out (port).  He ate some lasagna last night but it came back up.  this morning he had a yogurt and I haven't heard any barfing noises.  It's been very difficult to see and hear him.  I don't like feeling helpless.  I wish that I could take some of the pain ( you know me "some" not "all":) away.  When he was having chemo on Tues he talked to this couple that the husband was just starting his first round and Chris gave him a big pep talk.  Chris didn't think that his first round would be so hard on him.  Soooooooooo hard to watch the one you love "your best friend" suffer.  I have thanked him for going through all this pain so that we can keep him with us.  He's just in sooo much pain.  He looks sooo skinny.  I am glad that I let him have r room.  He sleeps right in the middle of the bed curled up in a fetal position:(  He is able to watch tv any time of night and walk around without worrying about disturbing me.  I hope that he is well enough to teach his Gospel Doctrine class (which he loves teaching) and it is also the Priesthood Preview for Jacob (can you believe it???!!!!!!)  he will be 12 on Dec. 24th!!!!
Thank goodness this coming week is much quieter than the last two we've had.  Jacob and Katie have SEP's on Wednesday and I feed the teachers Thursday.  Tender mercy I received - I have plenty of money still  in my budget to still spend (you don't spend it, or you lose it) so instead of making dinner for the teachers I am buying them Olive Garden.  Because of year round school I have to do this twice:):)  So, now all I have to do is pick it up. lol.
No school Monday. Long three day weekend to rest:)  Yippeee.
"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Oh, my, Ricki...I don't know how you keep going sometimes. Becuase you HAVE to' that's why. And, I was so sad/proud of Chris walking tot he school for that special event. You both have a lot of Pioneer genes; that's for sure. I appreciate you taking the time to Blog, because when I wonder how everything is going, I can go on your site and get caught up. Love and Hugs to all.