Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yesterday Chris had his 10th chemo session. He lost 5lbs since last session. He has two sessions left the next one will be (if his white blood count stays up) November 23rd and his last one will be December 11th - one day before this all started last year. December 12th, 2008 was the day we found out that he only had months to live, how ironic to have his last chemo December 11th! Then we will have tumor marker and other tests done to see how things are and hopefully to help Chris with the "dumping syndrome" it is very hard on him he had another difficult night last night - not much sleep. He also has his pump which is hard to sleep with not only for him but me:) It makes a buzzing noise all night and if the pump touches the mattress it vibrates, as you know I am a light sleeper so look out I'm crabby:) Chris also broke his toe about 3 days ago. During the night he hit it on the bathroom door frame it looks horrible all black and blue and crooked. Can't do anything about a broken toe except tape it to the other toe. Poor guy that's all he needs!! Chris also received an honor at work the "Pride of Service" award for the West. I tried to ask him some questions about it but he knew what I was up to so he told me "he was just doing his job" always modest but I'll at least brag a little for him:) Ryan got hurt last week playing "flag football" someone hit him in the back of the knee/thigh. He called me and asked me to come and get him at the bus stop with the car so I did and his two BIG friends were carrying him and his books. What nice friends. We babied him hoping that ice packs, heating pad and Ibuprofen would help I realllllyyyy didn't want to take him to the hospital for x-rays. He seems OK now thank goodness. Megan has been ill and Jacob is coming down with something (I'm keeping my eye on him). As I wrote already chemo is Monday, November 23rd because of Thanksgiving that week that will make it so that Chris can have his pump taken off on Wednesday. He has to work Friday so I hope that he is well enough. He is usually really sick for atleast 3 days after and then it starts to get a little better slowly each day. His finger tips and toes (which helped lessen the pain - he said) are still numb.
We love you all and are grateful for you. Love, Ricki

No comments: