Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!!
Just got off the phone with the insurance agent. She took Megs statement. Meg handed me the phone afterwards and it was wet!! Her hand was sweating so bad - poor girl. They have ruled that it was the other drivers fault and so they are going to give us a rental car. The rental company doesn't allow 17 yr olds to drive so I told the insurance agent that we would have Meg drive one of our cars and that I would need a van so that I could fit all of my children in. I wanted to be more specific and say I want a van that has both side doors electric (that's the kind I had when someone hit me, I didn't want my old van back after that:) Yesterday the insurance adjuster came out and looked at the car, she believes that it is totaled. She loved what I did to the car:) And how clean Meg had kept the inside:) I told her not to look in her room - that's a different story!!
Chris had a hard time on the campout. The other leaders tried to keep him from lifting but my stubborn husband did it anyway. He also would not sleep on a bed - he thought floor would be better for his back, he also walked the one mile to his car from the cabin (one of the men drove him up to the cabin as close as he could then Chris walked). Rye also said that Chris was up alot being sick. Chris came home exhausted. I let him rest for awhile and then we took Tay out for his b-day dinner and then went and let him pick out his present. Chris was in soooo much pain. He was verryyy grumpy. I sent him to the front of the store to wait for us:( He couldn't make it to church Sunday he was in too much pain. I feel bad he wants to play and fulfill his calling as young men's leader but he needs to rest and not make things worse for himself. Tonight the boys are going to the pool to work on the swimming merit badge and Chris told the other leader he'd be there to help. I told the other leader to not plan on him because today at 4:45pm Chris has an MRI for his back. Hopefully he can go but yesterday I called an ortho doctor the one that I was told was wonderful by some friends and thank goodness he was on our insurance. They said that they will not even see Chris until he has an MRI then they will review it and decide how quickly they will set up an appointment to see him. I decided to pull the "cancer card" I called are oncologist and told him what was happening and he ordered an MRI for us. Chris is still in a ton of pain. We haven't slept well for three days. I'm a light sleeper and the poor guy has moaned and groaned a lot especially when he tries to get up. I hate to see him in soooo much pain. I know that it must really be hurting him because he isn't one to complain. The trip that he won is scheduled for Feb. 22 but who knows what will happen. He can't play golf and we can't go on the Hummer excursion too much bouncing around and will he be having surgery???? Don't know ahhh the unknown (hate it!!!)
Meg is feeling better she went to school and track practice yesterday. She is doing the hurdles and loves it! I told the insurance agent that we took Meg to the doctor and that she had been on prescription medicine for the pain. She said that if this is all the claims that we send in then she would just pay are health insurance directly instead of us having to bill my dads car insurance. Sounds way to messy!
Just got off the phone with Enterprise I begged for a van that has electric side doors heee,hheee. Hey if I'm going to be inconvenienced than I should do it in style:) Meg will drive Chris' car and Chris will drive "my baby" (he'd better be careful:) Meg will soon (Feb. 10) be able to drive friends around so it's better that she have a 5 passenger car than an 8.
I will write as soon as I know what the MRI says.
Love, Ricki

No comments: