Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thursday, Chris went and had his blood drawn (see picture -hee, hee). Chris lost 9 lbs in one week!!!!!! Not good. Friday morning I called the nurse to see when results would be in. The 11 year old scouts were invited to go with the 12 year old scouts on an overnighter and then a 5 mile hike. Chris was planning on going up with Taylor so if Chris needed an IV drip or if they felt he shouldn't go then we needed to know before 4:30pm when they left. Nurse said that potassium levels were wonderful and that he could stop taking pills and to have a good time camping:) Chris was verrrryyyy tired. He took a quick nap before he left and one in the car while waiting for boys to load up. He had 2 boys in his car plus Taylor. After loading up he came home THREW UP and then got back in the car and went to the campout!!!! I told him to stay home he was to sick to go but he said "Taylor needs me. He needs this time." (I'm still crying!!) Taylor did need that time with Chris, Tay has cried alot about how Chris won't be his scoutmaster like he was Ryan's. Even just yesterday we talked about it. Chris made it through the night but came home early Saturday morning. Tay stayed up and did the hike and then came home with other leaders.
Tay and Jacob were on the morning announcements at school this week. We all had haircuts so we can look good for Mickey Mouse. We cleaned the church - don't know how well. I know Katie and Jacob are really good at using a lot of cleaner:) I had Katie and her friend clean our sunbeam classroom really well.
One of Chris' best friends from high school (Our Ryan is named after him:) put together a dinner Saturday night. All the gang that hung out in high school and their families. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and listening to stories about the "good ole' days." Thanks for doing that it was a lot of fun.
Once again we had bananas left at our house. Thanks:)
Meg was at school yesterday for four hours trying to fix her schedule. All fixed, now she thinks she needs a new outfit for "her first day of school" And we payed cross country fees. Ahhhhh
Rye received his schedule also tomorrow I will take him to Well, tomorrow is the big day. No, I haven't started packing yet. I atleast have the suit cases out -hee, hee. Tomorrow will be the big clean the house day. I insist that the house be clean before we leave for two reasons. 1-nice to come home too and 2-if we were to die I wouldn't want anyone to think that we were pigs. Hee hee. Last one always drives Chris crazy.
I have all of Chris' medicines ready to go. And we are wayyyyy excited about going. Can't wait to not clean or cook for two weeks. It's always difficult for me when I get home from a vacation like this. I'm expecting someone else to do all the work:)
Pray for Chris. He deserves to enjoy this trip. Who knows what the future holds. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible for our family. (I will not cry, I will not cry. . . .) We love you all tons. You are a blessing in our lives. Thanks again.
Love, Ricki

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying everyday that you all will have a great time, and make more memories pain free...

Love,
Chuck & Nihan

Anonymous said...

Have a blast! Your family deserves the time in fantasyland so to speak.

<3
~Marla

Lease said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Anonymous said...

Rikki - I think about and pray for your family every day.

Love,
Cyndi
Sunset Ridge

mbeck said...

Chris & Ricky & family, you are in our prayers every single day but we'll pray extra while you're gone. Please give my daughter a big hug for me and have a wonderful time!!
Love you, Mary Ann

Kristi said...

YOU WILL NOT CRY~ but I will... So happy you are on your way to 2 weeks of fun! I hope Chris feels good enough to enjoy it! You'll all be in our prayers!
Love,
Kristi

Aunt Wanda said...

I was thinking about your family tonight as I fixed dinner as I think today is the day you left for "The Magic Kingdom" trip..and beyond (more than Disneyworld there). Glad to see you posted before you left. Good news about Chris's potassium levels, but sad he couldn't finish out the campout, but...what a trooper for spending the night in a tent with Taylor...very special. Those photo books are awesome!!! Are they done through Shutterly, or another company?? You have such wonderful support there. It helps us here to know that is the case. Such a neat event to have dinner with his high school buds, too. I put Chris's name on the Redlands Temple Prayer Roll yesterday, so many good Saints will be praying for him these next 2 weeks. Say HI to Mickey and Minnie for me!!!