Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chris has been spoiling us this week. He has made us a fancy breakfast every morning this week. Pancakes, waffles, french toast . . . (I make toast, fruit, yogurt easy stuff:) and he walked the kids to school. Yesterday, he went on the 6th grade field trip with Taylor to Clark Planetarium. He has also taken Katie out to lunch and done some Board of Reviews for scouts. Monday was a little rough on Megan, the boys got up earlier then they usually do because of Chris wanting to walk them to school so there were bathroom issues. Shouldn't three bathrooms be enough?!:) Boy, can girls be mean when they need their stuff in the bathroom:) Also having Chris home after school has been different for the kids because dad doesn't take any gruff about getting homework done. Usually someone is complaining and trying to get out of it. It's been nice to have him help me with individual reading, spelling, math papers, and disciplining.
He is very tired after walking the kids to school. He usually comes home and takes a two hour nap and then another nap later in the day. I'm OK with that because then he is ready to help when all the kids come home. Also been nice to leave Katie at home with Chris so that I can run my errands (I know she likes it also). When I come home from errands I usually find the two of them laying on the bed watching TV - very cute:)
Monday, Megan had a doctor's appointment with the neurologist (because she has been shaking a lot - and we have Parkinson's disease on my side) so it was nice leaving Katie home while we talked to the doctor and Meg had a CT scan. Doctor called Tuesday to let us know that results looked normal - Yeah!!! She did mention when she was examining Meg that stress can cause shaking. She asked if Meg was experiencing any stress. Ya, I started to laugh!! Meg just has to adjust to the shaking - happens to some people.
Last night Rye and I went to High School orientation!!!! Boy, am I getting old. It felt a lot different last night then it did when I took Meg. I cried and cried with Meg - I was scared for her:) Because Rye has been on the cross country team and we have "social Megan" he knows a lot of the high school kids. Hard to believe but Rye will be 16 when high school starts!! He will probably take drivers ed during the summer so that he can fit in everything that he needs to do to graduate (Graduate!!!!!! -Ahhhh). Next Tuesday I take Taylor to Middle school orientation!!! I think that he'll be OK because he has helped me a lot over the years with activities in the school. Big thing of course will be keeping track of homework.
This week we still have ortho appointments, Rye bball and math lab, Tay last Jr. Jazz bball game, YM activity and Meg has Sweet Hearts dance.
Next week we don't slow down at all. Monday, 3 valentine parties- only one am I in charge of (other 2 just there to help) - 6th grade we are having my famous "chocolate fountain" mmmmm.... For dinner my traditional valentine dinner were everything we eat is either pink or red (including milk and rolls:) and FHE. Tuesday, work in Jacobs classroom, Rye bball, Tay middle school orientation, Jacob scouts, and the "tax lady" comes to do our taxes (we've been in trouble for doing them wrong before so now we hire someone - she does all the work and if they are wrong she answers to the government:). Wednesday, Court of Honor for Tay and Rye and. . . it's that time of year again when I feed the teachers (SEP-parent teacher conferences). I had a lot of money left over in my budget so I am taking the easy route and buying them dinner, I still need to come up with dessert - something chocolaty. Thursday we will have Tay and Jacobs SEP, work in Tay's classroom, and Rye bball. Man, am I tired just typing this!!!:) Thank goodness I have Chris to help me. Life has changed again - new phase. We are adjusting quickly and I know that I will be way sad when this phase comes to an end. So I will enjoy every moment of it:) Happy Valentine's Day! Love ya, Ricki

4 comments:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Just per chance, I checked your blog to see if there were any updates and I was happy to read this one....all sounds normal and happy right now--grateful for this. Some quality time together as a family. So glad that Megan's shaking isn't from Parkinson's. My goodness--your busy school and family schedule reminds me of when we were raising our 5 kids! Somehow you do it, although I sure couldn't now at age 66, but do help a lot with grandkids, so guess I am still busy but in a different way. Thank you so much for writing, and letting us know what is going on at the Chris & Ricki Household. Love ang hugs to all. xoxoxxoxooo

Lauren said...

Ricki I am amazed at how much you do and can accomplish! You are an inspiration! Love ya girl!

Ashley Ziegler said...

You inspire me so much! I'm so grateful to know Megan and have gotten to know her through school, and her wonderful family through this blog! :) Be safe and good luck with your busy schedule!! You're in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Wow maybe I'll come over to your house for breakfast every morning..
You're all still in my prayers.
Take care. God Bless.

Monte