Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thursday, was a veryyyy exciting day for our family. Megan was accepted to BYU!!!! and . . . asked to Prom!!!! What a day to remember!!!
Friday, we went to Chris' appointment and Chris decided that he would like to hold off on making his decision for another month. He feels pretty good right now and would like to continue to feel that way for awhile longer. We will see the doctor again March 22. Doctor does want to do a PET scan before starting chemo (if Chris decides to do it) so that we will know if it's working or not. Chris continues to walk every day about four miles. He doesn't make breakfast every morning like he used to because kids waste it. I've trained them yogurt, fruit, toast. . . anything simple is good (and a lot less work for the chef:) He continues to spoil me by taking care of Katie while I run errands, meetings, work in kids classrooms or go running. He asked me what I would do if he died. I said "same thing I've been doing for years." Take Katie with. Friday morning Taylor and Jacob were on the morning announcements broadcast at school and it was fun for Chris and I both to be able to go in and watch them (Tay was interviewing students and Jacob was one of them that he interviewed). Not something dad's usually get to do. Friday, Meg and I went out looking for prom dresses. She chose a pretty black and silver dress. She looks beautiful!! Prom is March 12th.
This week is another crazy week, thank goodness last week was slow! Monday, FHE and I help in Tay's classroom. They have been working hard on preparing themselves to perform a Shakespearean play. Tay has been working hard on the scenery and is in charge of lights. They will be performing twice Tues. Once during the day and then at night. Last week I ironed costumes for hours. Chris and I got a good laugh out of it. I ironed more last week then I have in the twenty years we've been married. It took me awhile to find the ironing board that we got when we got married (same pad on iron board:) when I did find it I had to move a lot of stuff to get to it. I didn't iron Chris' shirts because I didn't want him to look to good at work. He's always worked with a bunch of cute girls.:) (You thought I was going to say "lazy" hee, hee). Tues, Jacob scouts. Wed., Tay play, PTA meeting, scouts, and Rye has his SEP (parent teacher conference). Thurs., Jacob has a book report due (biography). His is on Milton Hershey. They are having a "wax museum" that day so that parents and students can come and see the 3rd graders dressed up like the person they did their report on. Jacob is excited to wear a mustache. Friday, no school for Meg and Rye. I'm sure things will come up that I forgot to write down (like last week). Last night I was up with Katie who decided to be sick (throw up), Chris slept on the couch. I don't think that there is anyway to keep germs away from Chris since he is here now 24/7. But will try:) He went to church with the boys. It is sooo wonderful to watch Tay pass the Sacrament. How time has flown. So, many proud, wonderful, exciting, moments. Makes my heart swell with joy:)
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

So many good things are going on in your family right now and it was wonderful to read of them. I am just amazed that Chris has the energy to walk 4 miles daily, too. Seems that all is quiet and normal on the "western front" and that is good to hear of. Exciting times with BYU and Prom for Megan! I chuckled over your ironing board story....I rarely iron either! Thanks so much for keeping us updated on your Blog....xoxooxoxo

Anonymous said...

Yeay for Megan! You go girl!

nihAn

Rosie said...

I was thinking about Chris this morning and was glad that I was able to find your blog. I worked with Chris and he is one of the best people I know! Please give him a big hug for me and tell him I'm thinking of him :)