Friday, September 30, 2011

" Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope. Now we have Obama. No Cash, and No Hope." Love it!! Chris and I heard it yesterday in the hospital from the nurses and then I saw it this morning on face book. It was great to see everyone in the hospital laughing - doesn't happen to often. Chris gained 2 lbs. White cell count 3.5. His potassium was low so he is now yet on another medication. They gave him half the Benadryl and he slept. They also had to only poke him once today instead of like last week when they poked him five times (two different nurses). Chris teases about his veins knowing that they are going to get chemo so they hide:) Because it's a long day I go and get us lunch from the cafeteria which he usually downs. Today, he could hardly eat. He did well last week. Was tired and a little wobbly but nothing like the week before and not nearly as bad as he is at this moment. He threw up most of the night!! He has leg cramps, his mouth is sore (wonder if that could be from him eating sooooo many pickles?!) the skin at the tip of his fingers is splitting, face is "falling off" it's so dry and very red. Nurses gave him a lecture about using lotion on his face. I think he just doesn't want to use lotion because he wants sympathy:) He continues to crave Swedish fish, Slurpee's, Panda (yuck!), hamburgers (went to Apollo burger 3 times last week), pickles, and chips.
This week I was reminded that "I never want to be pregnant again" and reminded of the things that Chris is going through. Sometimes I forget how awful it is to always have your stomach swirling, smells and throwing up. Well, the Lord was kind enough to humble me:) I got reallllyyyy sick Monday morning 6 am while trying to get Rye to school. Got everyone school, barely. After that Chris took over. He took them to their ortho appointment, picked kids up, fed them, helped them with homework. . . . Tuesday afternoon I could at least move enough to do laundry- couldn't vacuum got queasy (moms can't be sick to long:) etc but food is still "gross" to me. I haven't run all week, just can't get my stomach to stop screaming at me. Now, my left ear all the way down to my neck hurts (especially my throat-no fever) Grrr. Grateful, that Chris wasn't chemo sick to badly and was able to take over and again grateful for the "gentle reminder."
Loved Women's Conference!! President Utchdorf's talk was AMAZING!! He started talking and I started crying. He so nailed me. Especially, about family home evening. hee, hee. Afterwards my mom, sister, Megan (Meg came up) and sister-in-law went out to eat. We had a ton of fun. They put us in a room all by ourselves. We laughed soo much. Thanks girls!!
Can't wait for Conference tomorrow and Sunday. I am once again grateful that Chris is here to take our sons and the other boys whose fathers can't take them to the Priesthood Session and out to eat. I'm sure that it will be hard on Chris tomorrow but with his adult friends a long to help him and his determination he'll do it. What an amazing man!
Today, Rye has a cross country meet (which we will be going to even if Chris is sick - can't keep him away from the race:) We continue to do pretty much the same thing each week. Orchestra practice, math lab, scouts, fhe, PTA, chemo, cross country practice, Civil Air Patrol (Tay is enjoying it - went last night. Thanks again Bro for staying with him:), teaching Rye to drive and homework. This week Tay has parent teacher conferences at the middle school and next week I feed the teachers. Have no clue what I'm feeding them (there will definitely be chocolate somewhere in the menu). I guess I'd better start planning:)
"I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers all of the trials and hardships that any of us will encounter in this life," he said. "At times when we may feel to say, "Hope you know, I had a hard time," we can be assured that he is there and we are safe in His loving arms." -Elder Quentin L. Cook
Love ya, Ricki

No comments: