Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sooo this is one of those insane weeks. Don't get to stop moving until Friday afternoon!! Monday, Tues and today I spend at the ortho. Monday morning (3:40 am) Katie started throwing up. Thank goodness in the bowl that I had gotten her. She was funny I tried to get her to throw up in the toilet but she refused:) She wanted the Tupperware bowl instead. Poor Chris took care of Katie while I took Jacob to get his braces off. It took them almost two hours due to all the metal in his mouth:) and they fitted him for a retainer(comes with a tooth to hold the space open for new tooth) that comes out on the top and one that will stay in the bottom of his mouth permanently. He was sooo cute. He was sooo excited. We went to Chili's for ribs (that's what he wanted) then we went to the gas station and he bought Skittles, Hubba Bubba gum and an extra big Twix bar. He showed me that he can now "spit correctly" no more long strings of spit hanging out of his mouth (lol) and he was thrilled to not have to push food through the gadget in the roof of his mouth anymore. I took him back to school after lunch (under protest) but I told him he would have a lot of fun showing off his mouth:)
Tuesday, Tay had his taken off. Took about an hour and a half. Because no restaurants were open when we got done we ran errands (lucky tay), picked up Katie from kindergarten and then headed to Ab's (hamburgers) for his lunch. He had a hamburger, fries and a milk shake. He said it was nice not to have food stuck in the front of his braces to gross people out:) We then took him to the gas station where he got 6 (he wanted more:) Laffy Taffy sticks. He unwrapped all of them and braided them together to make a "new flavor." It was fun watching him. He just kept looking in the mirror at his teeth. They look very nice. I told my boys "Smile, I want everyone to see where $4,ooo went!!!" Under protest I also took him back to school after lunch. (Tay had celery with peanut butter for breakfast this morning - best day ever:)
Yesterday, Rye started track practice after school. He also had to work at 4:45 as the cow at Chick fil a. At 4:30 I was panicking. I looked all over the inside of the school and then went outside to find that he had decided to run distance so he was running what's called "the library loop." Thank goodness just as I came out of the school he came running toward me. We got him to work on time but not without adding a few gray hairs to my head. Thank goodness he was the cow - he smelled awful after running:) After that craziness I ran home and picked up Tay and Chris and we headed to Parent Teacher Conferences at the the middle school. We visited with each of his teachers. He is doing well and the teachers enjoy him (at least that's what they said to us - who wouldn't love tay?) After that we ran Tay to scouts. I dropped off Chris at home he was exhausted and then went and picked up Rye from work. I felt like I lived in the car yesterday. It stresses me out when we don't eat as a family or read scriptures (Two very big goals of mine, I feel more pressure because Chris is dieing and someday won't be here for these things) - that's Tues, Wed and Thurs. NO Time!!! After picking up Rye from work I dropped him off at the church for YM's. Came home and started all the nightly rituals. At 10:30 pm Meg called and we talked to her for a little bit (she had to get to class:). She had soooo much fun in Beijing they saw the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Tat. Square and a couple of other places. She rode her first subway and went with a friend who was sick to the hospital. They had to go to three hospitals until they found a doctor that could speak English. Kind of crazy but the doctor never told her what was wrong just gave her some medicine. LOL. Thank goodness she is doing better and didn't miss any of the trip.They went to church on Sunday. It was a ward with lots of babies and the meeting was in a Mall! Glass floors. She said the people were sooo nice. Gave them suggestions on places to eat and things to see. That in itself is a great experience especially only having lived in Utah with beautiful ward houses. (I grew up going to church in a bank and then a grange hall in Colorado) she also went to the Antique Market and the Pearl Market, she showed us all the things she bought (she got me a pearl necklace and her and Katie matching kimonos). She has a great time getting the price down (that's how we ended up with the hamster!!). Her favorite thing is to "walk away" then they chase you down and give you the price you originally asked for. Her hamster died while they were gone (go figure?) and she added 169 pictures (she says she has more to upload:) if you want to see them on my face book page (or hers). she continues to use a proxy so she can face book - don't ask me how it works. What a wonderful experience for her.
Rye asked a girl to Prom (March 10th).
Ha, ha I'm going to end this entry now because it is Monday, March 5th so I'll start a new one:)

No comments: