Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thanks to skype we've been able to speak to Megan every day this week. It's fun to hear about her day. She is very, very cold but enjoying her time there. Meg received my $68 package yesterday. Tressa was very happy to have her retainer and Meg wanted to know where the homemade chocolate chip cookies were!! We have run into a glitch that I've been trying to fix from here but no one can seem to help me. Meg hasn't been able to get any of her money out of the ATM machine in China so right now she is either going without or borrowing. She tried five different ATM machines. Today she is going to go to the Bank of China and see if they can help her. Kenzie (who banks at the same bank as Meg) was able to get money out at that ATM and the train station ATM so she hopes to get some out today. She called us very upset Saturday, I called bank and went in. Talk about a knot in my stomach!! They are going to Beijing Thursday (Wed to us) to hang out for four days it takes 13 hours to get there. They are riding a train. They will go the Pearl Market, Great Wall of China and some other places. Soooo excited for her. Got to get this money thing figured out. Tomorrow if it's not working I will wire her money or transfer money from her account to Kenzies. Ahhh, what fun:) She loves the kids she is teaching and is constantly telling us how smart they are. Tomorrow she is going off campus with some other teachers to teach English at a preschool and she will also teach a kindergarten class starting soon. Boy, have they got her busy:) That's a lot of lesson planning. She is frustrated that ILP didn't prepare them better for teaching she could have done more prep work before she left for China. And. . .. she is already planning her next adventure!!!! She wants to be a head teacher, go to either Thailand, New Zealand or the Ukraine! I do hope she will finish at BYU (she's a junior!!) but she doesn't know what she wants to "be when she grows up." "The plan" work this summer and then head out to "some place."
The van is "some what fixed" the insurance company won't fix the sliding door because they don't believe it is related to the accident!! Also today a nice man told me that my brake light and back up lights were all messed up - not working!! Grrrr.... Last accident Enterprise and Larry H. Miller did a great job. This time totally disappointed with BOTH!!!! Won't use either of them again!! (Better not need too!!!!- Quick knock on some wood!) Soo, today I will be taking the van back into the shop and lucky me sitting there while they fix it.
Friday and Saturday, Rye was the cow at work - he really likes it and is good at it. Someone called the store and told them how great "the cow was!!" (and no it wasn't me:) He is excited to get his first paycheck. He was funny, we had to go and buy him black work shoes and he was flipping out about how much the shoes cost, that he hadn't even made that much money yet:) What a good boy. I will say "I miss my Megan" when it comes to shopping. Rye was no fun!! Get the shoes and lets get out - no looking around.
Chris taught Gospel Doctrine on Sunday. I couldn't attend because I teach Primary but I'm sure he did a great job. Usually, he doesn't make it through the three hour block because of being sick or tired or both.
I have finally come up with a menu for the teachers dinner on Wednesday (yikes!! tomorrow). Going shopping today and will put the soda in the fridge at the school (the cafeteria ladies "love it" when I take over some of their fridge (hee, hee). Rye works tonight and Tay has a Scout/parent meeting tonight to discuss this years activities. Jacob has scouts tomorrow and the teacher dinner. Thurs, Chris has ward ball (ahhh), Tay has CAP - going to the Airport to the Control Tower and I work in Katie's classroom (probably Chris also - Katie always wants Chris also:). Next week at this time Jacob and Taylor will be out of braces!! They can't wait.
Happy to report not much drama here. Thank goodness, and it didn't take me four days to write on the blog:)
"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you." Harold B. Lee
Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

Marla said...

Is Megan's card flagged as being stolen or something? Even if they say it's not be sure to escalate it because sometimes the people who answer the phone don't necessarily know what's going on. I've had people tell me it's flagged when it's not and vice versa when we've been traveling. I hope you get it figured out soon.

Love you guys!

Fleck Family said...

I can relate with shopping with boys, just not nearly as fun as shopping with a girl. I hope the money issue is fixed for Megan soon. That must be very frustrating for all involved. hope you have a great weekend.