Monday, February 6, 2012

As of Friday Chris isn't allowed to pass away until July when Megan gets home. I told him it is now to late!!:) Can't throw a funeral together by tomorrow afternoon and don't want to pay for Meg to come back from China. She leaves tomorrow night. Crazy to think that tonight is the last night we have with her for awhile - can't go and visit her when I miss her like I did when she was at BYU and the most disheartening thing is that this could be her last few hours with Chris. The next time she might see him "in a box" (according to Chris:) Yes, the next few days are going to be filled with lots of tears. I am excited for her. So proud of her. Especially for being so "brave" I don't think I would have ever done it and the things that she will learn and see - priceless! Something to remember forever. Packing has been a BIG job. Mostly just having her pack up her stuff from college and empty her car (so we can get it fixed) and running around making sure that she has everything. She isn't taking a lot of clothing because she wants to be able to leave it there if she needs to (suitcase to full:) somethings that she will need they don't sell there for example contact solution - and boys turn your heads - tampons!!!! Can you imagine??!!!!! So if anyone checks her suitcase they will get a good laugh tampons and contact solution hee, hee. Meg and I were laughing in the store about are cart items, we took half the shelf:) Ahhh to be a girl:) So, basically my life has been very busy thanks to Megan:) Today my mom is being kind enough to run her around so that I can get other things done that I need to. Water proof mascara tomorrow:)
Ha, ha it is now Wednesday morning. Tuesday was soooo, sooooo crazy finishing up all the last minute things before Meg left. At 5 pm my mom came over so she could come with us and take pictures and video. Whole family went to the airport. Meg had two big suitcases one weighed 48 lbs the other 42 lbs. and a 20 lb carry on:) Oh, and a purse:):) Where you check bags in is where we met the ILP people and Meg was given her flight info and her passport. We took lots of pictures of family and with her friends that are going also. After checking in we walked them to security where we said "good bye." Meg's friend Kenzie cried but Meg just kept saying "I want to go, I want to go!" she was wayyy excited and I'm sure "a little" tired of us. Her other friend Tressa was fine also:) We did find out that Meg didn't get the visa that would allow her to go back and forth. I'm going to contact them today. When we found that out a very large lump welled up in my throat. I don't want Meg to have to make a decision between China and her dad's funeral. I had a very hard time in the airport knowing that this could be the last time that Meg sees Chris alive. I just have to have faith that the Lord knows the "big picture" and won't give Meg or I anything that we can't handle. I've come to realize that this isn't just my trial. It feels like it but this belongs to all my kids. Having Meg fly back alone would not only be my trial from here wondering if she was safe but also hers. I haven't been able to eat since yesterday morning I'm afraid I will throw up. Such a big knot in my stomach. It is a total of 33 hours to get to where Meg is going. She flew to LA and then to Seoul Korea. Seoul Korea to Shanghai. Train or bus from Shanghai to Changzhou. ILP has a website to keep us up to date on where they are. Meg last texted (she's in trouble!!) Korea. She said that it smelled like "dirty feet" and that she couldn't understand anyone. There are 17 of them along with guides.
As you can see it has been a crazyyyy week. It is now Thursday morning and I haven't finished this blog:) Meg still isn't in China (well maybe she is). I received an email from her at 3 pm yesterday saying she was in Korea and that it was Feb 9th. Tressa, Kenzie and Meg have also put pictures up on facebook. I was laughing so hard because they look exhausted and nothing like when they left. Kenzie left with beautiful curls in her hair (now straight). Meg was wearing her glasses and Tressa had a ponytail that had strands of hair sticking out everywhere. Thanks for the laugh girls. I'm sure I wouldn't be looking to good after that many hours either. I hope they take a picture of themselves before they bathe:) I called ILP yesterday and they gave me the "low down" on what happened with Meg's visa. They said that the visa had been denied, sooo the process will be as soon as Meg arrives home have someone drive her to Provo to get new passport pictures and drop off passport and pictures at ILP. They will take the stuff to the consulate to have it expedited. It will take about four days. That's about perfect. It will just have to be one of those things that becomes a top priority (along with everything else:). When we came home Tuesday night Katie found somethings that Meg had not put away and poor Katie was running to us yelling that Meg had forgot these things and that we needed to take them to her. Sooo cute.
After we said goodbye to Meg we drove right to the church for Tay and Rye's Court of Honor. Thanks to amazing leaders Rye received a bronze palm, Tay received his On My Honor award, 10 Merit badges and his Star, and Chris was surprised by receiving his On My Honor award and a special religious knot. Verrryyy cool!! I did have a hard time concentrating - kept thinking about Meg. She texted me during the meeting - said that they were closing the doors of the plane. Headed to LA. Yeah, I started crying. Between the awards and Meg I was a mess.
Feb 1st was the one year anniversary of Chris quiting work:( Can you believe its been a year?! It has flown by.
At the end of the month Tay AND Jacob will get their braces off!! How exciting. TWO retainers to keep track of. LOL. Jacob gets his off Feb 27, have to go twice in one day because his retainer will have a tooth on it:) and Tay is Feb 28 and 29. Braces off the 28th and then come back for his retainer on the 29th. It will be very weird not to go at least once a month!! We've been going for at least 5 years!
I realized this month that I am now a mother of 2 teenagers and 1 adult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where has the time gone???!!!
Yesterday, we took Meg's car into be fixed and not even an hour later . . . . are you ready?. . . . Can you guess what happened?. . . . . . The van. . . . . . was . . . . . REAR ENDED!!!!!!!!!! I was stopped at the stop sign and she hit me. If you remember the van was rear ended before it was even a year old and received a new door. Well, the van isn't even TWO years old is now going to need a new door!!! It was just Rye and I and we weren't hurt. The funny thing is that it happened very, very close to where I was hit a year ago at! What's funnier is that Wed. I was driving home and I have a tendency to do "California stops" at stop signs. Little did I know that are friend who is a police officer was behind me in an unmarked car as I "rolled" through the stop sign. He gave me a warning:) Sooo, after I was rear ended I called him and told him that "If I hadn't stopped I wouldn't have been rear ended -therefore I am justified in rolling through stop signs!!:)" and will tell any police officer who pulls me over that I have found that stopping just gets me rear ended:) I'm sure that will go over well - hee, hee.
Katie has been sick the last two days - fever and cough. You wouldn't know it if you came to our house:) Chris is also sick - cough and sinus'. No matter how hard you try to keep germs out they always find you.
I have had a crazzzy week (did I mention I've had a crazzzyy week?!). Meg was all my time Monday and Tuesday. School started Monday for Jacob and Katie which is always an adjustment. Tues. sold candy grams at the middle school, court of honor and airport (exhausting day).
Wednesday, breakfast with books at the elementary, orchestra practice, Katie sick, PTSA meeting (thank goodness I have Chris:), Rye had a job interview (we were just coming back from it when we got hit), and a car accident. I took the boys (Katie and Chris ill) to the fitness center so they could swim or play ball while I attended a Kick Boxing class. I ssooooo needed it. Let a little stress out:) Still can't eat much. Just enough to not pass out but not enough to make we throw up. China is soooo far away. I will be ok soon - five months from now!! LOL.
Today, Katie is sick - I was suppose to work in her classroom. We have "bring your family to lunch day" at the elementary school (Jacob wants us to bring Del Taco), Tay has CAP, Jacob has Jr. Jazz practice, and Chris has ward men's bball game (that boy causes me stress!!!). Since it starts out mellow and most people know Chris is dieing I remind them that if my husband ends up on the floor they will be dealing with me!!:) Last game Chris ended up on his rear. After the game I gave the guy grief.
Tomorrow, we need to be at the elementary school at 8:25 for Soarin in the Mornin news. Then the boys will get together - like every Friday and play Dungeons and Dragons. They continue to enjoy it til Oh, 12:00 - 1: 00am. Fun for them they are learning to use their imaginations:).
Next week is Valentine's Party - I am doing a center for Katie's class and the chocolate fountain for Jacob's class. He is wayyy excited. Also starting to think about what I am going to feed the teachers for SEP dinner.
I will TRY to write to let you know Meg got there safe. If you have facebook you can click me as a friend and see what's happening. See pictures of Meg, Kenzie and Tressa.
Don't have a quote to end on - too tired and just trying to keep my own head above water.
Thanks to r friend who fixed are garbage disposal, my dad for fixing everything else and my mom for helping with whatever I need.
(sorry for the mistakes but if I work on this any longer it won't get done til - - maybe tomorrow, hee, hee)
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Fleck Family said...

How exciting for Meg!!! How scary for a mom to have her little one so far away. I am so proud of you for letting her go I think I would have begged her not too. lol I am a weakling.
Lizzie has a retainer with 2 teeth in it. The advantage? They don't loose those because they don't want to walk around with out a tooth :)
Good luck with your week ahead. Tell Chris hi for me! Congrats to your boys and their amazing achievements in scouting!!!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Oh, to be young again and have just one-half your energy, Ricki, Dear! You and your family pack 28 hours into a 24 hour day...or more. So glad to read that Megan is now safely in China. I can certainly understand your angst. Hope these 5 months fly by for you and Chris and she will come home with so many neat stories of her experiences there. Good news about those Scouting advancements for Chris and the boys. Could not believe about another rear-ender...those Utah LDS sure are thinking of other things at the stop signs..preoccupied about something I guess. Now, watch me get rear-ende here in Cali just because I said that!!!! Hugs and love to all, xoxoxoxox

mirkwood said...

What's funnier is that Wed. I was driving home and I have a tendency to do "California stops" at stop signs. Little did I know that are friend who is a police officer was behind me in an unmarked car as I "rolled" through the stop sign. He gave me a warning:) Sooo, after I was rear ended I called him and told him that "If I hadn't stopped I wouldn't have been rear ended -therefore I am justified in rolling through stop signs!!:)" and will tell any police officer who pulls me over that I have found that stopping just gets me rear ended:) I'm sure that will go over well - hee, hee.



lol