Monday, February 9, 2009

Wed. Chris had an endoscopy. They replaced the stent it was full of gunk and was clogged completely. The dr. noticed that the mass around the stent was smaller but one of the ulcers that was there was 3 times bigger so Chris is now taking Prilosec twice a day. They are going to check to see if it is bacteria related or a result of the cancer. While I was waiting for Chris in the waiting room surgery called me to tell me that my surgery was scheduled for 5:30am the next morning. I got their phone number and told them that I wasn't sure if I would be having mine. My mom said she would get everyone ready for school and my dad would drive me to the hospital and stay with me so that Chris could recover. He's pretty stubborn he ended up taking me and enjoyed being with me for the day. I am recovering nicely and Chris is doing very well right now due to a functioning stent that now allows his food to digest instead of sitting in his stomach and going nowhere but up and out. We hope all of you are doing well and appreciate your support and love.

Ricki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! I am so glad he was feeling better and you guys got to spent little time together... Love you all!

Nihan & Chuck