Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Monday Feb. 2 Chris went to see Dr. Whizenant the oncologist. Chris has been very sick still. Lots of throwing up and very tired. They found 2 blood clots in Chris' arm so he is now on coumadin (a blood thinner). 11 years ago when he had a blood clot he had to stay in the hospital until the coumadin was regulated but now you get a shot everyday until its regulated. So Chris learned how to give himself a shot today. He did great!! We also set up an appointment to have a CT scan done on Feb. 17th and then to meet with Dr. Whizenant, Dr. Ott (GI dr), and Dr. Sause (radiation) to see if surgery is an option. Which Chris and I will pray about to see if that's what would be best. On Tues. Feb 3rd Chris came home from work sicker than sick. He can't keep anything down, not even a sip of water. I called Dr. Doxey to see if there might be something wrong with the stent (he has all the symptoms from when this first started). He had Chris stop taking the coumadin and go to the hospital to have some lab work done. Chris went and had his blood drawn. Later Dr. Doxey called to tell us that his levels are high that he has to much bile in his blood and that he wants to perform a endoscopy tomorrow at 2pm. Like I said Chris can't eat, drink, sit down, sleep etc. because he's in a lot of pain. I tried to convince him to just go to the ER its only $100 but he said he could tough it out. So last night he didn't get much sleep, and my poor children had to listen to him throw up (Rye cried alot) . It's tough watching and listening to Chris you feel pretty helpless. So it is now Wed. Feb 4th Chris will probably just have us wait until 2pm to go to the hospital. Mine as well he's waited this long.:) I'm suppose to have surgery tomorrow. Just in-out getting my bladder fixed after five children (so that I can jump on the trampoline) but will see if that happens. My family is wonderful and I know that they'd help nurse Chris and I, but will see. I have to thank Megan for all that she's done on the blog, she's great. Either her or I will keep you updated. Thanks again everyone we love ya tons.Ricki

7 comments:

Michael Robertson said...

Chris, Ricki and family,

Thank you for sending out this info on your blog. I had no idea that Chris having health difficulties. I will continue to check it out as I am very concerned for him and his well-being. Chris you are a giant and have always been impressed with the type of person you are and have admired that since I met you way back when. In my work most all of the kids use a saying that sums up cancer: "Cancer Sucks". I can get you a t-shirt if you would like :) The Robertson's will be praying for you and your family and thinking about you often.
Take the fight to them!
Mike
PS I wasn't joking about the t-shirt - send me your address and I will get on to you.

Greg and/or Angie said...

You guys are in our prayers, stay tough. My dad forwarded the blog to us, so I hope you don't mind if we follow it. Take care.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Chris and Ricki:
I put your name on 3 local templs again this morning, Chris. We pray daily for you and the family. I don't know what else to do. We love you tons and are sad you are feeling so sick now. We appreciate Megan's help with the reports. It helps us to know what is the latest information. Love, Aunt Wanda

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris and Rikki,

I don't know what to say, but if it would help, I can send you a native amercian flute that when played brings tranquility and peace into the room. I have played them in many hospitals, and the music is so calming, the nurses do not want it to stop. Megan could learn to play it real easy. Dale's youngest daughter has mastered it and could easily give lessons. The flute wpould be a representation of our love for yoour wonderful family.
With Love
Cousins Leland & Eugenia

David said...

Chris, Ricki, and Family,
My wife forwarded your blog. Thanksfor the updates. You are in our prayers. We miss living close by you guys. Thanks for touching our lives and our kids, Cassi, Phil, and Jon. You are awesome people and we love you. We feel your pain as my brother is in his third round with colon cancer, kemo, radiation, and surguries. You will be ob our list as we do our family "Relay for Life" cancer project this spring. We will walk for you and your family. Mary Ann & I want to come and visit sometime. Luv you all
David Beck

Unknown said...

Dear Wach family,
We miss you so much! It has been so long since we have seen you but you have always been in our thoughts. I remember often Ricki teachig in Relief Society and once calling the sisters "old biddies"! I laugh every time I think of it. One of my favorite pictures is of all our girls in their aprons serving at Jen Butcher's wedding. They were all the picture of perfection. Now they are 16 and life is coming faster. Once seemingly perfect, now being perfected.
Ricki, you were such an inspiration to me when Chris was going through treatment for the colon cancer. Now I think I understand a little more.
Every experience in life must needs be a learning one or it is in vain. Some days we learn and other days we learn more. The hardest days are the days we learn the most. Then come the days when we are so full of learning we pray to simple revel in ignorance for a time. The very best days are the ones spent with loved ones and the time in the temple. We will pray for your family that they may stay together still and that it will again be the will of the Lord to manifest, through Chris, His wonderful miricles. We love you!
The Allen Family
Levi, Kelly, Jen (Kangas), Ali (Mitchell), Hillary, Emily, Morgan, and David.
(levikelly.blogspot.com)

Kristi said...

I wish we could've seen you the last time we were in Utah for a visit. I was totally impressed by Chris' upbeat tone of voice when he answered the phone, although I could tell it was strained. It was fun to talk to you real quick over the phone on our way to church too. I only wish it could've been longer. We are so sad that Chris has to suffer like this, and that the kids and you are suffering by watching him. We pray that you all will be comforted through this. Your family is on our prayer list and we pray as a family for you daily. If you ever need to talk or vent, please know you can call me anytime or night. I think of you constantly and marvel at your strength! Although your goal of serving a mission together in Nauvoo hasn't been realized, know that for us you've always been missionaries. As well as to many people you've befriended over the years. Love you, Kristi