Sunday, April 5, 2009

Since I last wrote Chris’ short term disability has been extended until April 13 and he is now on Loratab. Yesterday we received the hospital bill from Chris’ stay March 9 – 18th. (Not the doctor bill we haven’t gotten that yet) Any guesses??? $44,684.32!!!! Wow! I have to tell you how blessed we are a couple of years ago when we were let go from Franklin Covey. Little did we know then what a blessing it would be to be with Verizon (not only because of great people), but because of their insurance. We only paid – drum roll please - $100.00!!!!!!!!!! For the whole entire thing. I was telling my children yesterday with tears streaming down my face, that not everyone is as lucky; some loose their homes etc. I don’t think you can get any more blessed:). We have still spent a lot of money on doctor visits, but look what it could have been. Yesterday was a hard day. It was General Conference and I felt like all the talks were directed to me, especially, President Eyring’s. During his talk Chris and I sat next to each other on the couch, and he held me tight as I cried, and he was kind enough to remind me that it could be about 40 years before we see each other again (rude boy). If you didn’t hear it read, it was wonderful. It was also the General Priesthood Session that night. Chris and Ryan would usually have gone together to the meeting, then out to ice cream, but Chris being too sick couldn’t go. My brother-in-law, Jim, stepped in and took Ryan to the session, and then out to ice cream (thanks Jim). I cried a lot yesterday, wondering who will take my sons to father/son meetings. Some days are much harder than others. Some days it just seems like a bad dream, and I’ll wake up soon and that he’s going to get better and everything will be like it was 6 months ago. We aren’t suppose to ask “Why is this happening to me?,” but “What am I to learn from this?” (Elder Scott - lds.org) May I learn what I need to. Love, Ricki

3 comments:

Colette said...

Hi, Ricki... I bumped into your blog today and read every post. I am so sorry to hear all you guys are going through, but am AMAZED at your strength! You are an amazing woman, an amazing mom and an INCREDIBLE wife. Your family is so lucky to have you. We will keep your family in our prayers always. Pass our love to Chris.

~the Bomsta Family

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

I hardly know what to say about this last post. I could feel your angst and emotional pain through the words written. Yes, I did hear President Eyring's talk, and yes, the words rang true. I just wish we all came equipped with "crystal balls" to see into the future and then perhaps we would know that no matter what happens here in mortal life, it REALLY will be all right in the end. In the meantime, we do the best we can without the crystal balls and rely on FAITH, the HOLY GHOST, and our LOVE for one another. With much love, and we pray for Chris and all of you daily, Aunt Wanda

Anonymous said...

Ricki, you know that it will ALWAYS be my HONOR to take the boys to any and all outings (and the girls, of course I'd never step on the grandpas' toes, but I am always here).

Love,
Jim