Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This morning Chris went to work for about half-an-hour and then came home. He is in a lot of pain. On Monday he had three pain pills left so I called the doctor to order more and received a lecture from the receptionist about how I need to call earlier because oxycodone is not easy to refill it can’t just be called in over the phone. Sorry, I didn’t know I’m not a full fledged nurse yet:) Chris spoke with Dr. Ott and Chris decided that he would go without the pain pills because he didn’t want to become addicted. Chris has now decided that he would like to go back on them so I just got off the phone with the receptionist :o) who said that she would have Dr. Ott call us back when he gets out of surgery. The receptionist is really going to love me this time when I say I want those pain pills NOW! Chris also contacted MetLife to extend his short term disability claim. You know the worst thing about all of this is watching Chris suffer. He has lost a lot of weight, hunches over when he walks and hardly talks at all-definitely no joking it takes to much energy and he can’t go anywhere after 6pm because he has to be hooked up to his feeding pump (I doubt he would want to go anywhere anyway but, if he did). Some of you know that I always tease Chris when he goes camping with the scouts about me sleeping in the middle of the bed and enjoying every minute of it but now that I’ve tried it since March 9th (Chris sleeps downstairs on the couch because he has to sleep sitting up) I’m not liking it so much. I’ll let you know how it goes with the receptionist – “may she not have to feel the wrath of Ricki” Love, Ricki P.S. Sorry but I don’t know how to respond to blog comments. I tried to send one to Cindy but I don’t think she got it and I don’t know how much info you want on the internet so email me. Kristen, Chris wants us to have ice cream in Disney World so that we can play “martyr in the ice cream parlor” he,he. Thanks everyone for your comments:)

1 comment:

Flora said...

Ricki - I found your blog through the Johnsons(Angela & Lyman)- just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and your family and praying for you - for health, for strength, for everything that you might need :) We have moved all the way to Indiana and miss the neighborhood and the people there - but we are also learning to love where we are at! I loved to see your smiling face at church when we were both doing the Primary President thing, may you, your husband and children be blessed with the peace and comfort and strength you need ... love ya! (Kim Flora)