Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yesterday, Chris had two blood transfusions. It takes three hours for each bag. How grateful I am to those people who donated blood. Meg always donates blood when there is a blood drive. About two months ago she donated (I tried but because I went to Honduras I can't donate for a year:( anyway, I was thanking her and telling her it was her blood and her friends (who gave also) blood - obviously not, but it felt cool knowing that my daughter and her friend had helped someone else out in their time of need. What good girls:)
Chris was counting the needle pokes and he was able to count 15 just in the crook of his arm. They were testing his blood every couple of hours to check on how blood was thinning and blood platelets (to see if he would need blood transfusion). Kids came up and saw him. We read scriptures and said family prayer. I was going to try to have family home evening but kids were just a little wild. As we left Chris asked nurse for pain pill. Hee hee. My dad again spent the night with Chris. And thanks to my mom for watching them all day.
This morning Chris called to say he was ready to go. Doctor was discharging him. Chris is to take 90 mg of lovenox (shots) twice a day. Chris promised to take it. He will continue also to take pain meds till he feels better. He is exhausted and still in pain. Still coughing up blood/Flem but doc says that's OK. Brought him home, made him comfortable - except we can't find the TV remote so he keeps hollering about getting up to change channel (kids at my sister-in-laws house, or he would yell at them:) and that there is nothing on tv. Poor boy. He already said he was going to work tomorrow. I am trying to talk him into waiting til Friday. He has Thursdays off - Chemo this week, which doc said he will probably be doing.
We are so grateful to all of you and your prayers in behalf of Chris and our family. Not his time to go yet:) He's trying to make it to my 40th bday (January). Will see, hope so:)
Been a couple of crazy days. Grateful it happened when it did life wasn't nearly as busy as it is the rest of the week.:) Will call the patriarch and reschedule Rye's blessing. Tonight Tay has a flag football game, Meg and Rye YM/YW, and Meg has Parent/teacher conferences. Ahh. Tomorrow, preschool, PTSA meeting, scouts for Jacob and Taylor and Parent/teacher conferences for Ryan. Thursday chemo, Friday I have all five kids home-no school and Meg and Rye have a cross country meet. General Conference this weekend. I am looking forward to it. Not the crying part, but hey I always feel like they are talking directly to me. They know what I need to hear.
Looking forward to putting up Halloween decorations. Chris and I's favorite holiday. Blessed to still have him here for another Halloween.
We love you guys. Keep up the good work (praying:)
Love, Ricki

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hooray for donating blood! Brooke does that regularly too! I'm so glad he got to come home. Make that boy veg for a while! We've been praying for you all and will continue to do so!

Debby Brown said...

Ricki, you and Chris are in our families thoughts and prayers. I donate blood all the time at church and work - please let me know if needed I can stipulate I would like this to go to Chris. Love You - Debby Brown (Cherrywood Ward & Hunter 33rd).

Aunt Wanda said...

Chris out of hospital - General Conference Sessions ahead - Halloween decorations to hang..hey, it doesn't get any better than that, right?! Seriously, so grateful to hear that Chris is out of the hospital and you have him to yourselves this week-end. oxoxoxoxoox