Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just wanted to let you know that Chris is in the hospital. We went around 2 pm. His throat was killing him and he could hardly breath due to a blood clot that started hurting Monday. ER did ultrasound on legs (found blood clot), chest xray (found pneumonia in lower left lung), blood tests and tried to do a CT scan but hit an artery instead of a vein which caused TONS of pain. They decided not to try again because they just couldn't find any veins (and Chris said "no way"). They will try a different way to do the CT scan tomorrow. He is in sooooo much pain. He kept telling the nurses that pain level (out of ten - ten being the worst) was a nine!! The morphine wasn't doing enough to take away the pain. They believe that his throat is hurting because there are blood clots rubbing up and down his throat every time he breaths. But of course can't confirm that until CT scan is done. He is on a heparin drip to try and dissolve the clots. Megan is spending the night with him tonight. Chris had kids all come to hospital so that he could say "good bye" to them. He wants to go and says that he feels like it's time. Toooo much pain he says. I say just another bump in the road. He'll feel better soon.
Love, Ricki

7 comments:

Trista said...

Oh, Ricki. My prayers will definitely be with your family tonight. I hurt for all of you. Many hugs and kisses.

Debby said...

Ricki, I would take your pain for you if I could. I am sure the angels are with you and your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers always. Debby & Jim Brown

Ashley Ziegler said...

I'm still keeping you in my prayers. I'm so sorry!

Bonnie Wright said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Doug said...

Ricki and all - We continue to pray for you. Chris is braving so much, I admire his courage, and yours too of course. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Love you all,
Doug and Eva White & family.

ljaxon said...

Chris & Ricki & kids,
Our prayers are with you always but especially more this week. Please know that we love you.
Love,
Laurie Jackson

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I hardly know what to say. My heart is sad for all of you. Our prayers continue, and I don't know what else to do. Pain can make a patient just want to "exit, stage left". Once they get the pain issue resolved, perhaps he will want to "linger longer". I pray and hope for that. xoxoxxoxoxo