Monday, March 8, 2010

Chris came home Thurs. morning. He's doing OK but still in a lot of pain. He says that his left leg tingles and of course where the incision is hurts also. He can't sit, stand, or lay down for any length of time. I told him to take one more day off but he said that "he had to get to work." Hope he does OK.

Thurs. and Frid. I dealt with insurance companies, car dealership and our mortgage company. Frid the insurance agent that has our case was out of the office so I spoke with the manager. She gave me a lot of grief. Still no rental car. "Still investigating." The appraiser did come out and take pictures of the car. Today I will probably just go ahead and get a rental car. Since Chris wasn't working we weren't to inconvenienced but now we are. Tried the insurance agent today but he isn't in until 10am and the manager is out all week. I've decided that perhaps this is how I am to learn patience:) Not sure what Meg is suppose to learn from all of this:) Rye is having headaches and his neck hurts. Chris and I decided that if he was still in pain today that I would take him to the doctor. Meg is doing well, she just has hurt knees from jumping hurdles (or missing them:)
I did forget to tell you how her accident happened. She was stopped at a red light on 6200 S. when a car hit her from behind. Rye and Meg said they saw him coming and braced for impact. The air bags did not go off. The ER nurse said that they were very lucky. No one under 100 lbs (Rye) should be sitting in the front seat. She sees children that are hurt badly because of air bags. So now no one is allowed to sit in the front seat (after that Rye didn't want to anyway). The driver that hit Meg accused her of being on her cell phone (which she says she wasn't-she was stopped anyway!!!!). Rye said that when he turned to see the car coming at them he saw the other driver on his cell phone and smoking!! And that when he got out of the car a lot of smoke came out. I am getting really tired of dishonest adults. What kind of example are they showing my children?! Trying to pin "the accident" on a teenage driver!!! And may I say they look even "dumber" for trying to blame someone else!
We are now in the process of looking for a new car for Meg. This car has "Hit Me" written all over it!!:)
Drive safe, and always be honest (I'll do the same:)
Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

Sorensen's said...

Ricki, you are AMAZING! You are such a good example to me of what a cheerleader/rock/supporter/Mom/wife should be you are AMAZING! I love to read your blog, because I want to know how you all are doing, but also because it is not boring. You always have excitment happening in your life. I can't believe all the dishonesty and I can't believe Megan's luck! I hope all continues to be well for the Wach's. Love ya, Emily :)

Kristi said...

Some adults really ARE so dishonest! It's frustrating! I think Meg will find an even better car, just for the trouble she's had to go through! AND, because good karma surrounds her! Good Luck! I hope Chris starts to feel better. What happened to the man obeying the little wife?!# You didn't lose your edge did you? LOL