Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's been a longgggg day/night. They had us come to the hospital at 10:45am, Chris had surgery at 1:00pm. It took about 90 minutes. Dr. Rich came out and told me that it went well. They removed the bulge. Everything looked great. Dr. Rich had him stay over night which was good since his incision started bleeding to much. The nurse called the Dr. and he told them to put extra gauze on it and watch him.
My mom was bringing up the kids to see Chris. Megan was driving her car so that she could spend the night with Chris. Wellllll, that's not how it worked out. Meg and Rye were rear ended!!!! Thank goodness grandma was just a couple of cars ahead of her. Meg and Rye are ok. I took them to the ER at the hospital. It was a lot easier than going to an insta care. Meg, Grandma and the driver in front of Meg helped Meg fill out paper work and wait for the police. Again I am very grateful for an adult being there for my daughter (grandma) because the driver of the other vehicle tried to pin it on Meg. Police officer was very blunt with the other driver who was smoking and on his cell phone (Rye saw him as he hit them) that it was his fault. ER doctor told me to watch Rye and Meg through the night so they both came home with me and Uncle Jim spent the night with Chris (thanks buddy:) Poor grandpa had just spent alot of time and $ fixing up the car. We don't know what the insurance will do. I will fight for the $that we spent on buying the car back, parts, gas, and grandpa's time. It's ironic that this person has the same insurance company as the last person that hit Meg. Oh.... and I am still not done with Meg's other accident, waiting for medical bills so I can give them to insurance company. I also told Chris that he should be excited he is going to get to drive a rental car:) No one touches my car. So Meg will drive Chris' car and Chris will drive rental. All I can say is at least we are already experienced with this kind of trial and I look forward to seeing if I will be working with the same people from the insurance company. You gotta laugh!!!!!
I again have to say how grateful I am for family. My mom has gone above and beyond taking care of her grandchildren, Chris and myself, there is no way I could make it without her-You're the best MOM!! and my dad who just started laughing when he was told what happened.
Tomorrow Meg will place pictures on the blog. I got some great pictures today of Meg and Rye in hospital gowns, her car and of course the star... Chris. (to bad I'm not computer savvy or you would have them now:) We will also pick up Chris and he will recover til Monday when he insists that he "goes back to work." May tomorrow (I mean today) be QUIETER!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Utah Drivers! Whatdya expect? :-) As long as Meg doesn't drive like one, she should always come out on the right side :-).

Hope y'all recover quickly!

auntie laurel