Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last night I took Rye to the ER because he kept complaining of neck pain and having headaches. They did a CT scan (we were in the same CT room as 2 years ago when Rye threw up all over me and kept screaming that he "wanted his Mommy!" ahhh good times-incase you forgot May 2008 head trauma 5 days in ICU- 3 of it he didn't know who we were, he was, or where he was) and neck x-rays. Nothing was broken - thank goodness but they found that he did have a concussion. They call it post concussive syndrome. The headaches, crying, anger, memory loss, exhaustion etc. all caused by the concussion. This makes number 4!!! Don't know how many more his poor brain can handle- where's that helmet??!! He told the ER doctor that "he was probably going to die young because his dad was." Big gulp and then tears. Kids say the darnest things. I told him he wasn't going to die that he was suppose to become a researcher and find the cure for cancer.
Chris is doing OK. Still in pain, food not digesting like it should. Has a bulge in his back that he showed me but won't go to doctor, says "it will be fine." AHHHHH!
Chris has also been selected for Jury Duty next week. Should be interesting.
I took Katie to the doctor Frid. because she had blisters all over the palm of her hand. Again doctor said it was eczema it just reacts differently in the palm of the hand. He gave us a stronger medicine. Last night when I came home from the ER around 11:30pm Katie was still awake. Poor thing is having separation anxiety lately. She cried for me and insisted that she sleep with me. She told me she was glad that "I wasn't dead" (again- kids say the darndest things)
Insurance company totalled car. It was towed away Friday:( We are just waiting for check to come. We still have the rental, not sure when they will stop paying for it. Meg looking for new car.
We have a craaazzzyy week. Scouts (Tay, Rye and Jacob each a different night of course), I feed the teachers at the Elem (SEP's-chicken cordon bleu), Rye and Chris go to the Wed Jazz game (Jr Jazz tickets), Relief Society, we feed the missionaries (not sure what yet:), make snow cones for Tays class (I'm ok with that, that means I can make a Dr. Pepper snow cone - Yummy! And I am called the "Snow cone Queen" - to many years doing it for field day:), work in Tay and Jacob's classrooms, etc. etc. and maybe, just maybe I can clean the house and do laundry hee, hheee.
Life is crazy but great, new adventures everyday! I'd be sooooo bored:) "Be thankful for what you've got it could be worse" (Pres. Eyering)
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

The Koller Family said...

Loved seeing you and catching up! Had to check your blog to see how Ryan was. Seriously, you guys need a break from drama.

Lets do it again soon!

You guys are in our prayers!

Jenny
Our blog is kollerclan6.blogspot.com