Thursday, June 17, 2010

Car went into the shop today. I cried as they wrote all over it (I'm sure with erasable marker) and then took it away. They left me with a 2010 Chevy Tahoe Suburban. Ahhhh... as I was trying to climb in I fell out!! Quite embarrassing. And I felt like I was tall before, wow now I really am. As I was driving the car I was reminded that I should stop sooner because of it being so big (thanks to the guy that hit me:) I am in love with the steering wheel - hee, hee - it has the radio controls built into it. Cool!! There is no trunk space and hardly any room in the 3rd row. We had to put Katie and Jacob back there because of no leg room.
Today was Chris' day off so we went to the golf course and hit 3 large bucket of balls. Went and got drinks and treats at the gas station and ate/drank them in the CAR!!! (a luxury - no eating or drinking in my car). Then we went for a ride to Cascade Springs then up and over the mountain (4 wheeling) to Soldier Hollow and then we went and got dinner where poor Katie got her big toe nail removed by the door. Poor girl. Oh, and while we were golfing we ran into the dermatologist who is helping us with Katie's hand. Katie was standing by the car and he called her over to check her hand - very sweet:)
They said that my car should be finished by the middle of next week. I really need the end of the week other wise I get to take my car up to camp:(
We have Disney World all scheduled. We leave Aug. 19th. Tay and Jacob will miss school (school starts July 26th - got to love year round school).
Hope all of you are doing well. Gotta a great quote from my favorite aunt: "If life gives you lemons, throw them back and ask for chocolates instead"
Love, Ricki

3 comments:

Trista said...

Now I know why my husband says we'll never buy a used rental car.

Aunt Wanda said...

Well, I am sorry, but I giggled when I heard you fell out of that car! Sorry....but it just sounded funny....I am demented! You did better than I ever could have, however...I would still be standing there trying to hoist my full-sized body up on to that high running board! Sounded like a nice family day going golfing, 4-wheeling, etc., except for poor Katie's torn toenail...ouch. Good to hear about the Aug. 19 Disneyworld trip. Any news on one down our way?? :):) Love and hugs from, "Favorite" Auntie Wanda

ljaxon said...

A brand new suburban?? I'm pretty sure I need a ride somewhere...like to get a Dr. Pepper. I'll buy! Sorry about your van!
~Laurie