Monday, June 14, 2010

Thursday, Chris didn't have chemo because he had a blood clot in his left arm so instead he had tests run to make sure that he would be all right. He has been very exhausted and felt extremely ill (stomach? colon? who knows). Chris decided not to "make up" this chemo a different day but wait until June 24th (June 17th was a no chemo day).
Friday, was Tay and Jacobs last day of school. I now have a Senior, Freshman, 6th grader, 3rd grader and a preschooler. Ahhhh!!!
Meg enjoyed her job shadowing at BYU Friday. She learned a lot and is still interested in being a museum curator. She took the ACT test Saturday.
Ryan had blood drawn to see "why" he is in the bottom percentile of the growth chart. Will find out the results in a week. When Rye was 3 years old he had strep in his kidneys and was peeing blood. He spent 5 days in the hospital. Doc just wants to check all possibilities.
Saturday we went to an Eagle Scout presentation where Chris was given the Mentor pin and a bike pedal. Chris was his scout master for two years. The young man thanked Chris for all of his time, energy, love and devotion to teaching him. Bike pedal because Chris taught him how to ride a bike:) I knew it would be an emotional evening but it was worse than I thought. They present the mother with a pin, boy with a mentor pin to give to who he wants and then a father's pin. Immediately I started crying (I'm crying now). Then they had made a DVD of his life. Family pictures etc. by the time it was over I just couldn't stop the tears. I took pictures of each one of the boys in their scout uniform with Chris (to put in DVD presentation later). It was a wonderful program but boy did it bring a lot of emotions to the surface for me. Pain. Sadness.
Later I talked with Rye about ideas for his project and how we've got to get started. Just maybe he would be able to get it before Chris passes away. We also talked about getting his patriarchal blessing soon. I just want each of the kids to do as many things as they can with their dad while he's here. No regrets.
Today I took Katie to the dermatologist because her "eczema" was getting worse. The Doc called it a verryyy bad case of deep seeded fungal infection (never seen a worse case - had other docs come in and see). It could take as long as 4 months to cure. She is now putting cream on her hand twice a day and taking an oral medicine. Doc asked if we had a cat. Doc thinks that it's from the CAT!!!!! He asked me if I would consider getting rid of the CAT!!!!! I told him it was GONE!! (Somebody loves me!!) Then I remembered that their are 6 people who love that cat. I told him what was going on at our house and how I would have to think (pray) about getting rid of it. Loosing your dad and the cat?! Cat sleeps with different children at night and it likes to sit in Chris' lap and be petted. But obviously if it's a health threat to Katie than it has to go. I did tell the Doc that I would need it in writing because no one would believe me especially since just yesterday I threatened them with getting rid of it because no one would clean the cat box. Thought we'd talk about it tonight at FHE. Just kind of let them know what's going on. They know Katie's hand is really bad and that it hurts her. Doc told me that I'm lucky (and to watch for it) that it wasn't in her hair. If it gets in her hair she could loose her hair permanently!!!! He hopes that the hair that she has lost on her hand and arm will grow back - that's how deep the infection is. I had taken her to two doctors previously but they said it was eczema and gave me different creams. Poor Katie!
Yesterday, I made chore charts, which include chore (different everyday), exercising 20 minutes and reading 20 minutes. Today went ok. Made me realize that I need more patience. I told Chris that I was ready to send them outside and just do it myself!! Too much whining and only doing a "half job." Today, was deep cleaning- gross job like cleaning under the couches - yuck! Told them if they didn't use the couch as a trash can (found apple core) then it wouldn't be so gross. Praying for strength to keep the chores going. I know Prophets have told us to teach our children how to work, and I keep thinking about when they go on their missions that they need to know how to do things but man does it require patience on my part.:)
Tomorrow Jacob has a spreader put in his mouth and Tay and Jacob get their scout physicals. Tay is also going to get his shot for 7th grade (don't tell him - hee, hee) mine as well then I don't have to think about it later. Trying to do everything while I have wonderful insurance:) I was thinking about all the claims they are receiving from our family. I'm sure that they are ready to dump us:)
This Thursday will be nice because everyone will be home and we can do something as a family on Chris' day off (no chemo). Then Friday we are going to go to see the Manti pageant in Manti. The Manti Temple is where Chris and I were married and each year we go and eat a delicious turkey dinner and then go and sit at the bottom of the temple and watch the pageant. It's amazing! If you can-go. You won't regret it. Runs June 18-26 not on Sundays or Mondays, starts around 8-9 pm (http://www.lds.org/ for more info).
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

Oh, my...as if you didn't have enough to worry about--noe Katie's fungus and the dilema of KITTY GO--KITTY STAY. If the fungus is caused by the cat, there's no choice..it's a done deal, but still a sad thing for the kids and Chris. Oh, my...

I think it's great you are getting the kids to help with chores. Not enough kids do that today. Our kids always did and it didn't hurt them any, that's for sure. In fact, the teenage kids washed their own laundry, too. That really helped me a LOT.

I hope you all have a wonderful Manti Pageant trip. I've always wanted to have that experience. A nice family outing for you, sure to be filled with some memories, too, as you look back to your sealing in that beautiful Temple.
Love and hugs,
Aunt Wanda