Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OK, so if you don't feel like laughing or crying today than you probably shouldn't read this entry:) And NO I really don't make this stuff up!!! Here goes. . . yesterday . . . I was REAR ENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my new 2010 Chrysler Town and Country minivan! Hasn't even had an oil change yet!! I told you not to read this if you didn't want to cry!! I was stopped at a light and BAM! Jacob and I had just come from having his braces and expander put in his mouth and were headed home to get Taylor so that I could take the two of them to get their scout physicals. After the man got out and swore a ton, words that were just awful. Which I actually believe kept me from falling apart because being someone who doesn't swear and hearing such horrible words shocked me. He was driving a huge truck Dodge Ram 2500. I called the police. The man wanted to do this under the table because this was his friends car (not even his - - sound familiar?!). Hey, at least he didn't try to blame me - hee, hee:) Jacob and I are fine. And I now get to work with Geico insurance. 3 different accidents in less than 6 months. I'm getting good at working with insurance agencies (I can tell you which one not to get) and filling out police reports I think I can do in my sleep:) I called Chris. I called Meg and she actually had just driven by me (she had been at the Temple) so she came back (poor girl - memories for her) and I called my mom to have her go to my house and pick up Tay so that we wouldn't be late to the doctors. Then she got everyone lunch and took Katie. Thank goodness for my mom!!! We did get to the doctors office on time where Tay got 3 shots for 7th grade. Needless to say 3 of my 5 children are in pain (Tay-shots, Katie-her hand, and Jacob-braces). After the doctors office we went to the grocery store to get Jacob soft foods to eat.
Finally around 6:00 I called Geico (accident happened around 12:30). The other drivers friend had called it in and admitted that it was his fault. Now we are waiting for the owner of the car to say that he allowed his friend to drive his car. After that insurance agent thought that Thurs. my car would be in the shop and that we would have a RENTAL hee, hee.
After I got off the phone with the insurance company I went and ran 5 miles. I run for anger management and so I can drink Dr. Pepper. Ahhh.
OK, so here is the silver lining of all of this: 1) Putting miles on a rental van to go to Manti for the pageant Friday (about 300 miles)-I say we head to Disneyland hee, hee. 2) Next week Tay and I and some other scouts go to scout camp for 3 days and it is verrryyyy dirty there (I had actually been trying to figure out how to protect my car) now I don't have to worry:) 3) Remember the scratch that "someone" put on the trunk? GONE!!:) 4) My dad has been bugging me about using my van to put some of his stuff in it to take to his new house (rotatiller, snow blower etc) and Chris and I had said "No way, new van!!"- so now he can use the rental.
So far, (as long as the insurance company cooperates) this is just another "bump" in the road. This could all go smoothly. Stinks that it happened. I think this has been harder on Chris. I asked him to put a picture of the car on the blog and he said he couldn't that it "just frustrates him" poor boy! (I'll have Meg do it). I'm not sure what we are suppose to learn from this. I know that thoughts came to my head that if this ever happens again and Chris is gone who will I call? I know that I can call any of you but it's not the same as calling your spouse/best friend and them running to you and comforting you.
But hey, we will be alright (could have been much worse) and it just makes life more interesting. You know us stay at home moms we have nothing to do during the day:)
And again NO we didn't make this up. Things just keep happening to keep my blog interesting. hee, hee
One of my new favorite scriptures right now is: Helaman 5:12 "And now my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to draw you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, this is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
Love ya, Ricki

6 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

That is my absolute favorite scripture too! It really helps during hard times and its just amazing to have as a reminder :)

Aunt Wanda said...

Oh, my, oh my...I am almost speechless, and you know that's really unusual for ol' Aunt Wanda! It seems the drivers in your area need to take driving lessons..or something...and I thought California drivers were bad. My goodness. Well, through it all there are those unexpected blessings you outlined, plus the great fact that you both weren't injured. Sorry your sensitive ears had to hear such vile language, though. I bet you just wanted to wash his mouth out with soap.
And, I loved your scripture...it's perfect.
Glad you have your running to help keep your sanity. :):)

The Koller Family said...

and I thought I was having a crappy day. The teachers at my school are throwing a fit because I expect them to be on the field with the students for field day (I know, what a thought, right? I guess last year, they stayed in their classrooms and cleaned up while room mom's babysat for two hours) and then I sent out 650 volunteer notes and forgot to put what day field day was! I will have a Diet Coke sno cone in your honor and know that I am a better mom and a PTA mom because I met you! Jenny

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should all consider using UTA. :P

-- Jason

Catherine Jensen said...

Dear Wach's<
I have followed the blog faithfully since it started. I love your family. I wanted to tell you that I will be leaving Sunset Ridge, as school that I love. I have taken a position at the Utah State Office of Education. I am leaving the school in good hands. I know it will continue to be a great place for the kids to attend. I will keep in touch through the blog. I think of you often and pray for your family.

Love,
Cathy Jensen

Kristi said...

Holy cow girl! You must have a magnetic field in you to attract metal! Ah.... Glad they had insurance! Our two hit and runs did not... Hope things have gotten better! Love ya!