Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One day down and eight more to go:) Yesterday was my first day without Chris in 14 months. It was a rough day worrying about Chris and not having had enough sleep:) I went to Jacob's science fair exhibit which was crazy because the Governor was coming to are school so security was everywhere and you had to park down the hill from the school. For lunch Katie and I had cheddar cheese grilled cheese sandwiches. Soooo exciting!! Chris can't eat cheddar cheese so we usually don't have any in the house because it either makes him sad because he can't eat it or he eats it and makes himself sick (which makes me sad). Made cookies for the ym/yw activity (which Tay told me about late last night). At about 3 pm I'm thinking "Hey, we're doing pretty good, I can do this alone (for nine days:)" then the phone rings. It's Tay from school. He missed the bus. Because. . . . . . . he had thrown his RETAINER (hasn't even had it for a month!!!!!!!!!!!) in the GARBAGE at lunch (accidentally of course:) He realized it in 5th period. After class he ran to the office for help. Poor boy told me he was crying - that he couldn't stop (I'd cry to if I had a mom like me to answer tooo:):) The very kind, wonderful, amazing custodian and his assistant went "Dumpster Diving" and found it!!!!! When I went in to pick up Tay from school I brought them each a box of Girl Scout cookies - only the best:) (hard to share my last boxes - hee, hee but cheaper then a new retainer:) In the car Tay asked "What he would have needed to do if the retainer hadn't been found." I just told him he was verrrryyy verrrryy blessed and that he needed to thank the custodians tomorrow and thank Heavenly Father again and again for finding it. Lol.
Came home did homework and then headed out to Cafe Rio for dinner (another place that Chris can't eat because it makes him sick). On the way home dropped off Tay and Rye at the church for combined ym/yw activity. Later bathing, scriptures and bed. Ahhh.
How cool is this??!!! Just got off a conference call with Megan in China and Chris (and pa) in Peru!!!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't see each other just hear one another - soooo cool!!!! Chris sounded exhausted. I did see him for a second till we turned off the video because it cost money. He looked exhausted. I am actually grateful that we had to turn it off, I didn't think he looked well. He said he was very thirsty. They are one hour a head of us and Meg is 15 hours a head of us. Meg was on one of her "highs" she couldn't stop talking - or singing:) They are going to be putting on a show soon with all the kids so she was singing the songs to us that they will be performing:) Oh, and Meg and Katie got in a yelling match about "who's daddy's girl" and "who loved him more/most." "How old are you Meg?" Poor Katie not getting that Meg was playing. What a stinker. Did I mention how cool Skype is?!!!:) hee, hee. Meg, once again has changed her major, she needs me to call BYU (because the sight isn't working) and change it to Elementary Education (she also wants me to register her classes for her because she will be on her 25 hour train ride when it's time to register- Ahhh, what would she do without a mother??!!). Chris was getting ready to get on a plane (with chickens - lol who knows we've just been joking about that) to Cusco after the hotel brings him his breakfast.
Saturday, March 24th we went to Rodizio Grill to "celebrate nothing":) had lots of fun eating and eating and making ourselves sick. Later the boys got together and played Dungeons and Dragons.
Monday, March 26th Tay and Rye didn't have school so I pulled Jacob out of school at noon and we went down to the new mall City Creek. It was beeeaauutiful! We went into Tiffany's Jewelry store. Chris told the kids before we went in "put your hands in your pockets and don't touch anything." Disney store was fun and we had lunch. Didn't stay to long because Chris was tired (and hadn't even started packing!!) For FHE we watched home videos of us at Disney World (ones from 3 years ago - wow everyone has grown!) and more recent ones of us on are trip and Chris playing ward ball (just last month). We were emptying the video camera onto are external hard drive so Chris could take the video camera with him. He told me this morning he video taped his hotel room for me:) Hee, hee what a goof!;) We also discussed Chris dieing in Peru. Ahhh.
I will try to write when I hear something from Chris.
Love, Ricki

No comments: