Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Soooo the big news for this week is . . .. . Chris is going to Peru for nine days with my dad!!!!!!!!! They leave March 27th and return home April 5th!!! Chris has always wanted to see Machu Picchu. It is a FOUR day HIKE!!! A donkey will carry some of the weight for you but anything over you have to carry yourself. WOW, huh? Lots of mixed emotions. I probably won't be eating for at least nine days ( I already feel sick thinking about it). One in China, one in Peru. I've decided that this is are "trial run" to see how we do without Chris. We've been together for 13 months 24/7. Looking forward to sleeping in the middle of the bed and not having to figure out no-fat meals and feeling bad if it's not right and Chris gets sick. Chris asked the kids last night "if they would be OK if he died in Peru?" DUHHHHHH! I want him to go, he's dieing he won't have another opportunity to do this and yet I am scared to death that he will die there. I already had a hard time with Chris saying "good bye" to Meg at the airport knowing that could be her last time seeing Chris alive now we have to say 'good bye" knowing that it could be are last time seeing Chris alive. Call me Negative Nellie. I told you I needed a vacation!!!! And yes you maybe wondering why I'm not going - Chris is dieing. I feel the urgency to make sure that I am safe that nothing is going to happen to me. I take better care of myself, take less chances because I can't afford to be hurt or die. I love the people that would raise are kids if we both die but I'd rather stay here on earth and screw them up myself (hee, hee) and yes still I'd rather die and be with my best friend but my heart is toooo attached to my five wonderful children that I brought into this world. Think of all the things I would miss!!!!!!!!!:) Ha, ha I'm laughing wondering what the family in are Will is thinking right now reading this:):):) (you can thank me with a Dr. Pepper- lol). It is fun to watch Chris. He is soooo excited. He spends alot of time on Google Earth looking at everything, planning it all out - all the things he wants to see. He's trying to talk my dad into flying around the country instead of driving. It's faster and since they only have actually 8 days (travel day) to see everything they need to save time. I wish he had time and money to go into Brazil - it's right next door (that's where Chris served his mission). My heart is heavy knowing that Chris will miss taking the boys to the Priesthood session of General Conference (March 31), Jacob's play and his science fair exhibit (I told Chris he couldn't go unless he had that project done!!;) Like I said "this is a trial run" for when he is really gone. I know with the Lord's help nothing is impossible but boy is my heart heavy. I told Chris that he needs to understand that at times before he leaves I might be "crabby." It's not that I don't want him to go, it's not that I'm mad at him for going. It's that I am a complete mess inside of emotions - excited and happy for him, worried, sad, exhausted, hoping that I can handle my emotions and the kids - I know they will feel anxious inside just as I am. Now that I've made my mascara run and my stomach upset will go on and talk about the rest of are adventures:) Sorry, nothing like last week - thank goodness;)
Friday, I decided that I wanted to film Donuts with Dad in Katie's class. I told Chris to pretend that I wasn't there. He's getting soooo much better at just letting me film him without giving me grief:) I filmed for an hour. Katie will watch it over and over again someday. When the teacher first announced this at the beginning of the year I was worried - "what if Chris died before this?" At one point he did get sick and leave for a few minutes, I was soo glad I was there so that I could play the game with Katie instead of her sitting alone waiting for Chris to come back. I felt soo blessed to have Chris be able to attend Katie's special day.
Saturday, Rye and his group for Prom went to Provo to go flowriding (surfing indoors), lunch and then home for the girls to get ready. I was an emotional mess with the whole tux thing. Chris helping Rye and me video taping and taking pictures - Chris won't be there for Rye's wedding to help him get ready - this is the closest thing. Boys thought I was dumb but "one day" that video will mean a whole lot!! At 4 his date (Kenzie) and her parents came over and we took pictures. I drove the couple to Tepanyaki where they were to meet up with the rest of the group. They ate and went to the dance at the State Capitol. After the dance they went out for ice cream and then to a friends house to watch a movie. Rye wore his tux to church Sunday - he looked sooo handsome:) The "boys" played Dungeons and Dragons and my mother, sister and a friend took Katie and my niece Lillee to Disney on Ice. Katie had sooo much fun. While everyone was busy I went and ran errands - not soo fun but you always feel better when things are done. I even took the car to the car wash and vacuumed it out. Felt pretty spiffy. Good to know everyone was having fun wherever they where.
Sunday, Chris taught Gospel doctrine and then came and helped me in my primary class. Katie sat on his lap most of class with her arms around his neck. Verrryyy cute.
Spoke with Megan and she told us all about her weekend. She ended up going with one of her students named Jason and his family and . . . another teacher:) (good girl). She said it went ok but the parents didn't speak any English so it was veryy difficult to know what was expected, she didn't want to offend them. They took her to an amusement park and out to eat at an "American restaurant" for "American" food (hee, hee) she and Jason had a steak (she said their "steak" is different). The waiter brought out a knife and fork. Jason didn't know how to use either so Megan showed him:) She also told us a funny story about how she came out of a bakery with a ham and cheese sandwich (she had been craving cheese - no cheese in China - very expensive) just about to eat it and an elderly Chinese lady took it out of her hands and ATE it!!!!!!! she let it go and went back in and bought another one!!:) They went to church - late again because of transportation system. It was at a different house this time but afterwards they still fed them. Meg is suppose to go with a different student and their family this weekend. Last week she had us send her pictures of "family." This week she is having us send her pictures of "holidays" for her ELE class that she teaches once a week. she says that she is going to do a lesson on "hygiene":):) and smoking - how bad it is for you. she says everyone smokes and that the kids think it's cool. (she is tired of smelling like an ash tray:).
Monday, Tay and Chris went to the Jazz game (Tay's Jr. Jazz tickets). Jacob, Katie and I (Rye didn't want to go) went out for a greasy hamburger (can't have one of those with Chris around) and then to Baskin Robbins for ice cream (can't eat that around Chris either). Ahhh it felt good:)
It's Tuesday and for this week - I work in Jacob's classroom helping with the play today and Thursday. Rye works.
Wednesday, Jacob scouts and orchestra, Rye scouts, Rye works, and I have a PTSA meeting.
Thursday, CAP, Jacob's classroom and Rye (or I) donate blood at school - it's at 9 am will see what happens. I will show up and either watch Rye donate blood or I will cry as they poke me:):) Friday, Rye has a camp out for young men's.
Found this cute quote. "Heaven gives its favorites - early death."
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Fleck Family said...

Ricki, not that I can even remotely relate to what you are experience with Chris going on his trip. I can tell you that the emotional roller coaster and feeling crabby is exactly how I feel every time Jeff deploys.

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog to your mother every time you post. Ive really felt like I have been a part of your family since I started dating her over a year ago. Its very nice that you keep all of us updated. I pray for your family every night. Im sure Chris will have a great time on his trip, and will come home safe, as will megan. It was very thoughtful of your mothers friend Randy to take your mom, sister and her kids to disney on ice. God Bless you and your family..

Monte Rouska

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, this is Jon Redford. Just found out that you have this blog site. Never got a chance to say bye. My wife is from Peru and I have been down there several times. Feel free to give me a call, I would love to talk about where you are going down there. No other place like it in the world. call me if you would like. 801-699-7070.

Jon