Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wow!! What a wonderful session of conference. Absolutely loved President Eyring's talk. Cried and laughed through most of it:) Did you hear President Packer talk about Peru? specifically Cozco?? Chris should have flown out of Cozco this morning and headed to Lima. He took about 70 pencils with him to give out to the Peruvian children. Broke my heart to think of children all around the world going hungry and cold. Can't wait for the next session of conference:) My brother-in-law (Jim) is taking Tay, and two of his friends to the Priesthood session and then out to eat. I sssooo appreciate it. Little does he know that he is also helping other young men who don't have fathers around to take them (usually Chris would have). Thanks Jim:) Rye has to work. I feel bad. I've got to start looking a month a head so that he can ask for time off in advance.
Today, Chris was flying out of Cuzco to Lima where he will do who knows what. His itinerary says "Caral? Magic Waters? Circuit? Larco Museo?" Hopefully he finds a converter and gets to rest. I'm hoping that he is tired from hiking down Machu Picchu. Tomorrow he is in Lima also. He was hoping to attend a ward building to watch conference. He wrote down some names of wards and their addresses. Monday, he flies to Iquitos City where he will go to the Amazon Rain forest lodge and stay for two days.
Yesterday, was the toughest day so far without Chris. I did a lot of running people around. Trying to juggle my schedule and theirs. Hard to be in two places at once. Jacob and Tay did a great job watching Katie at different times of the day/evening. Worst thing was I dropped my keys in the TOILET!! I had key pads to both cars on my key chain. Grrrr. Glad I had Chris leave me his keys. I used his while mine sat in a bowl of rice.
Today, and tomorrow should be uneventful - hopefully:) I do have to think about what to do for dinner tomorrow - darn it. And yell at people to get their chores done today -right now. lol.
Enjoy conference. I always feel so good afterwards - but sad when it's over.

How funny, just finished blog - went to face book and there, there....... is a picture of my CHRISSSSIIIEEE at Machu Picchu and he looks WONDERFUL!!!:) Did anyone else laugh at the caption on the top of his picture???!!! And now I am crying - what a wonderful sight to see my best friend and know he saw Machu Picchu and that he looks great. The day couldn't get any better - conference and a picture of my best friend:):):):)
Love, Ricki

No comments: