Friday, March 30, 2012

Soo sad, today I didn't get to skype with anyone:( Chris' batteries are all dead (only talked to him Wed. morning) and I usually talk to Meg every morning but she is on her 25 hour train ride to her "spring break" destination in China. Who knows when I will get to talk to her. I just keep reminding myself that in the "olden days" people went on vacation and you didn't talk to them until they came home (what 15 years ago? or less?).
Yesterday, was pretty quiet. I worked in Jacob's classroom helping kids learn their parts for the play that the whole 4th grade is putting on next Tuesday. We ate dinner at home - one of are favorites but one that makes Chris extremely sick when he eats it, and he will eat it and then be mad at me for making it:). I don't know how to make it without fat. LOL. I took Rye to the gym and Tay to CAP. We did homework, played outside and then I made the rounds to pick up Rye from the gym and Tay from CAP - Tay is just about to earn his first stripe - very exciting, he just has to pass Drill next week. Came home and had people bathe, read books and scriptures, family prayer and off to bed. Not to stressful. Rye said in the car "It's going to suck when dad dies." I agreed.
Today, Chris is in Machu Picchu (hopefully - just following his itinerary:) he has to take the train up because before he left there were no more tickets left to hike up the trail. Chris decided that it must be a "sign":) He was planning on riding the train up and then walking down. I hope he gets to. He tried tons of times to purchase tickets on line but the sight just wouldn't accept the credit card payment. He called the bank etc. etc. but it wouldn't work so he was suppose to get help in Lima as soon as he flew in to buy the tickets. Who knows. It would be terrible to get all the way there and not get to see it. They only give out a few tickets (114) a day. Chris kept watching the numbers dwindle. He figured that they were selling 14 a day and he would count down the days and numbers to see how many would be left by today. Sooooo hoping he is playing in Machu Picchu!!!!!!!!!! After that they will head to Cusco.
Love, Ricki

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I have enjoyed getting caught up on your last three posts! I can only imagine how fun that would be to talke on a phone conference call...hubby in Peru and daugher in China..wow!! Glad Chris is able to make this dream trip with your father...awesome. You are at home keeping "the home fires burning" and getting more gray hairs worrying over everyone I am sure! xoxoxoxoxo