Monday, April 2, 2012

Just got off skype with Chris. Yeahhhhhh!!! So fun to talk to him. He was talking to us from his Lima hotel. They were just getting ready to leave to go to the airport to fly to Iquitos City to go to the Amazon Rain forest. Chris said that the trip has been wonderful - "gone off without a hitch" he was able to talk to us thanks to one of their guides taking him to the market to buy a converter. My dad and Chris went to General Conference Saturday afternoon and Sunday. They got to hear it in English. He said that he has had fun giving out the pencils. He gives one out and another child appears and then another:) Also, they all "have brothers that need a pencil." He said Machu Picchu was amazing and he can't wait to show us the video and pictures. He said he has had some "interesting" food. He is verrryyy tired and his stomach is giving him trouble but otherwise he's good. He told us about hugging a lama (we like llamas - "Llama, llama Mad at Mama" - it's a book that makes Katie laugh) and watching baby condors at an animal preservation place. I hope that when he gets home he will type up a blog letting all of you know what he did:) Tay, Katie, Jacob and I got to talk to him - poor Rye was already at school. And Meg? Who knows where that girl is:)
I'm glad that I have info on Chris at least this blog won't be as boring as the others since I had no clue what Chris was doing until now.:)
Yesterday, we watched the first session of conference and then I made BLT sandwiches. Everyone here LOVES bacon. The smell of bacon makes Chris verrrryyyy sick (you'd think he was pregnant!!) so we don't ever cook it. I thought we had died and gone to heaven. Mmmm it was soooo good. The kids asked if we could have more before Chris comes home:):) Of course:):) We then watched the second session - soooo sad it's over. I love, love, love general conference. Everything meant so much to me. I felt like they were talking just to me - things I personally needed to hear.
After that we started preparing for Monday - instruments by the door, Jacob's costume for his play, any "last minute" homework that someone just remembered they hadn't done, washing of gym clothes that they "just remembered" needed washing etc. etc. Ate roast, carrots and potatoes for dinner. Yum. Yes, Chris can eat that but he gets sick - to much fat. We read scriptures, bathed, family prayer, read library books and played Sorry (Katie won thanks to Tay:) til bed time.
During the night Jacob talked a TON in his sleep. I kept going in and telling him it was ok. Chris asked me what he said but I don't remember I was tired:) And for some reason Rye ended up on the floor in my room. Good times:) By two I'm going to need a nap:)
Love ya, Ricki
Oh, and you should all be proud of me --- that is the first picture that I put on the blog ALL by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from the SD card to the blog. "I'm good, I'm good, I'm really, really good!!" (it ony took me half an hour:):):)

No comments: