Sunday, April 1, 2012

Again, what a wonderful conference session. I can't wait to read the Ensign to "hear them again." Loved President Utchdorf's talk the most. I hope that my own family was listening. What great advice for all of us:) During conference we ate donuts and grapes and the younger kids played with Lego's or looked at the Friend magazine. I usually make conference packets (thanks to those who share their talent on sugar doodle) but was to lazy this time:) The kids did ask where they were, so next time I will be more motivated:)
Got a email from Meg this morning asking if I had heard anything from Chris. I told her to look at face book but that that was all I had heard. I don't know where she is either. Crazy to have two loved ones out in the world and not know where or how they are doing.:(
Today, is Chris' "rest day" hopefully he is resting and getting to enjoy conference.
Yesterday, Tay received a bloody nose from being hit in the face with a ball. Rye worked. Jacob, Katie and I went to Noodles for dinner (again:) Uncle Jim took Tay and two friends to the Priesthood session and then out to eat. They said it was "wonderful" I'm always so jealous of priesthood session Chris always comes home and tells me how great it was. And I always tease Chris asking him "if they talked about treating your wife nicely." Jim said that they talked about that a lot - of course Chris misses it!!! (maybe:) Uncle Jim was kind enough to recap it for Rye and I. He told Rye that a lot of it was about honoring your priesthood. How Rye has a very big responsibility to always be righteous especially with Chris dieing that he will be "the" priesthood holder in our home. Thank you, thank you Uncle Jim (and Cherie, for sharing him:) Yesterday during Brother Baxter's talk (to single parents) Rye turned to me and said "that will be you soon mom" I was already crying during his talk. I felt like it was for me especially about the talk of the mother who "didn't want to come home" (all the children needing her attention) she prayed to be taken so she could be with her husband who had died.
So, sad to think that conference is almost over:(
Love, Ricki

No comments: