Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Note:  I started this blog yesterday - hee, hee. 
I know.... you all want to hear how the package is coming along:)  Saturday, I didn't call and yell at FedEx (I'm sooo nice).  Are friend Summer who is from China came over Sunday for dinner and while we were talking (she has been helping Meg with the paperwork that is in Chinese) mentioned that she called her mother for Mother's Day.   Mmmmm.... so being the forward soul that I am I asked her if she could call the customs office.  Such a sweetie, she called but at first the office was still closed so she hung out for a while and then tried again.  She had to push a lot of buttons to finally get a live person.  Summer was very smart she went over everything that I wanted her to say and ask about before she got on the phone and we went over the situation of "why the shoes were sent to China."  Soooo, Meg needs to fill out paperwork (which Summer helped her with since it was in Chinese), fax all of her passport over to customs, pay 70 rmb ($10.00) when the package arrives at her school and wait 7 days.  Now Meg needs to get someone to help her talk to the guards so they know to sign for it  and she can leave her money somewhere safe.  After the first time she spoke with customs I asked her if she thought they would send the package sooner if they got rid of the food.  She's sooo nice she called them again and they said "no" it would take two weeks because they would have to separate the two items.  Summer explained  to them about the marathon and that's what the shoes were for and that she needed them as soon as possible - yeah they don't care.  Today, I will call FedEx and make sure that customs received the paperwork and is sending it (Shanghai is only 4 hours away!!! 7 days??!!)  Then, I will sit patiently (LOL) and wait to hear from Meg.  We skpyed this morning and she had gone to the night market last night to buy food and get the money for the package.  Thanks Summer for your help, we couldn't have gotten this far without you!!:) love ya.
This week Rye starts "his real job" lol.  Usually he only works about 4-6 hours a week.  This week he is working 18!!!!  At times he is still the cow and other times he is being trained to do all kinds of things.  He got his shirt and "visor:)" Go, Rye!!
Thanks to my dad we now have two cars:)  I need to take the car in for safety and emissions (it's past due), pay taxes, get four new tires and an alignment!!!! Grrr..  Today's job is also calling for estimates on the red car.  Oh, and on Saturday we were driving on the freeway and a rock hit are van windshield.  BIG ROCK.  BIG ROCK CHIP!!!  Grrrr.... Just another errand!!!!
Hee, hee it's now Tuesday morning:)  This may sound dumb but I have to thank Heavenly Father for a much better outcome of yesterday then I had imagined.  I was stressed out Sunday night about all that I needed to do. Then Monday morning I was stressed trying to figure out how to get it all done (the list is very long) I know stressing doesn't accomplish anything - ya, ya:P  So, we took Meg's car in to the shop and had them put 4 new tires on, alignment, safety and emissions and paid state taxes.  Now it's ready to drive:)  I'm excited Rye now has a car to practice driving - don't tell Megan!!!!!!  While that was being done Chris, Katie and I went and had the rock chip fixed in the van windshield.  I called around and got estimates on the red car and called the insurance company about towing.

Rye worked from 4-9:30.  He was exhausted.  He thought it went ok.  He was only .16 cents off on his drawer.  When I went in to pick him up the other employees were saying he did a great job but that he needs to smile and not be "so stressed out"  LOL.  He'll get it.  Always a little stressful working with money.  Tonight he works 5-9:30.
Yesterday, a dumb/silly thing happened to me.  I decided to walk up to the school to get Katie from kindergarten (it's almost a mile there).  When I get there the teacher hands me a large piece of poster board and a Rubbermaid container bigger then a shoe box - for her spotlight stuff.  I laugh - the only day I don't drive.  It's a little breezy so I'm having trouble with the paper.  Katie decides to run so I run after her - I drop the paper and trip - stepping on the paper and tearing it (ha, ha).   Katie comes back to me and I tell her we should probably walk so I don't ruin her paper more.  Then she says "but mom I have to go potty reallllyyy bad!"  (the day I don't drive).  A friend drives by and asks if she can take the paper and box for me.  I ask her if she can take us home because Katie's doing the "potty dance."  Serves me right for wanting to get some fresh air and exercise. lol. 
Chris worked very hard on Katie's poster.  He went through are hundreds of pictures and picked some to put on the poster and then I took the disk he made to Walmart to be printed.  He cut out the pictures and decorated the poster- he did a great job.  Teacher also had a spotlight box that you put something that is special to the child in, we put Katie's pink blanket in.  You also have to give three clues for the kids to guess.  And finally a "love note" from mom or dad.  I of course had Chris write it - pulling "my cancer card" on him (hee, hee) letting him know how special it would be from him and that she will treasure it always.  (yes, I'm good at getting out of things lol).
This week is just another crazy week at the Wach household.  The month of May is always crazy!!  I work in Katie's classroom in just a little while.  Jacob is "sick" today - no, he really is.  I'm pretty sure he has what Katie had last week.  I have physical therapy - I didn't do very well on my homework. oops., Rye works and Tay has scouts.  Tomorrow, Rye works, Tay speaks at a Priesthood Preview for the new young men turning 12 next year (because he's Deacons president), Jacob has scouts, Chris has his league bball game (Grrrrr).  Thursday, I have an In and Out luncheon for PTA that I am helping with, and Tay has a leadership training meeting for church.  Friday, School fun Run at the elementary school, Tay has a scout camp out and I would like to take Jacob down to Temple Square to hear the orchestra play to keep him excited about playing the violin.  Saturday, Rye works.  And of course somewhere in there I should do some laundry etc. ....  Good times:)
"As daughters of our Heavenly Father, and as daughters of Eve, we are all mothers and we have always been mothers.  And we each have the responsibility to love and help lead the rising generation.  How will our young women learn to live as women of God unless they see what women of God look like, meaning what we wear, watch, and read; how we fill our time and our minds; how we face temptation and uncertainty; where we find true joy; and why modesty and femininity are hallmarks of righteous women?"  Sheri Dew
Thank you, thank you to all the wonderful women I know!!!!!  Love ya!!!!
Ricki

No comments: