Friday, May 11, 2012

Meg still doesn't have her package.  I called FedEx 3 times yesterday.  Meg and I emailed all day and then at 9pm (11 am her time) we skyped.  I told her what they said that she needed to call on a land line, gave her the number again.  She called them.  skyped us back crying and upset.  She couldn't get the email of her passport to go through and when she called that number she couldn't get anyone that spoke English well enough, so she doesn't know what's happening with the package.  She is very concerned that she will have to pay customs on the package.  Chris kept telling her to tell them "that it was for personal use, that she was going to run a marathon there in China."  I told her to have them open the package - who cares nothing bad just LOTS of junk food (Hershey's kisses - which Chinese hate - they think American chocolate is gross), shoes, some energy gels and some love notes and pictures drawn by Katie.  I say "let them have a cherry Pop tart if they want one!!!" (just not the shoes -lol). I did smile (ONCE- only once:) she said that she wished she had peanut butter and crackers - ahhhh, I should win mother of the year (lol) because I sent her some.  "I'm good, I'm good, I'm really really good."  Last night she was headed to Shanghai for a District church meeting and was going to a members house so Chris and I begged her to ask them for help.  I sure HATE being 33 hours away!!!  Today, I will call FedEx cs department again.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease/oil (whatever!!). Ha, ha.  Hey, y'all know me I can be a rather big pain when I want to!  (I hope you all are saying "not Ricki!!")
My dad looked at r car and found that the head gasket has "blown." LOTS and LOTS of money.  The head gasket is at the bottom of the engine. Grrr. Soo, now I need to get some estimates and then have the car towed to a shop.  You know it's just one of those crazy things that shouldn't happen to people who don't have jobs.  LOL.  My dad also said that he could have the other car put back together in two days.  We hadn't been worried about putting it together because I was having him keep it at his house til Meg got home it was safe in his garage:) 

Yesterday, Chris and I went with Katie on her field trip to Thanksgiving Point.  We drove there instead of riding the bus.  Katie wanted to ride with Chris so I asked the principal if that would be alright.  I must say "we have the best principal in the world!!" (not just because of yesterday:) We had Katie and two other girls in r group.  It was sooooo windy, we had dirt, hay and poop hitting us alll day:)  Chris did great!!  He had those girls wrapped around his finger.  He kept teasing me about "so this is what you do on a field trip (hee, hee)" I was mostly just along to make sure no one got lost and to take pictures:).  Chris did everything else.  Poor Katie did get hurt.  We should have had the video camera going we could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos.  Katie stuck her head inside the cow pen.  The cow decided she wanted to play/be petted something.  The cow came up to Katie and started butting her head with its head which kept hitting the metal bar. Katie's head went back and forth from being hit by the cow to hitting the metal bar (like a bouncy ball). I grabbed her head and turned it so I could get her out.  Poor girl, she cried for a long time and has bruises and scratches from the whole ordeal.  Chris said "it looked funny!"  (what a brat!)  Yesterday, was my last field trip ever for kindergarten - never to go on another one:(  I have been on every field trip since Megan started kindergarten.  Bitter sweet.  I know... I have a lot more to go on:)  It's just another one of those "this is the last one." I cried when I changed Katie's last diaper.  "Never to change another one."  OK, I didn't cry at that:)
Chris is coughing a lot and grabbing his chest.  I want to take him to the doctor because I think he has pneumonia but he says he "doesn't need to go"  (Katie has been sick this week - missed school-thinking Chris got sick also) So, we just watch him in pain as he coughs or sneezes.  He did say that the chest pain from being hit at the bball game is gone.  The other day he asked me "What are you going to do with my stuff after I die? My clothes?"  In the three years that we have been dealing with this he has never asked me that question!!  I have thought about it.  Most things we will keep.  His shaver will go to Rye.  Will keep his mission stuff etc so we can always remember him and his clothes- move over!!! I'm getting  MORE space in the closet:)  Which means I need to go shopping so I can fill it up:)  Don't worry I told him- hello, he knows "it's all about me:)"
I lived in the car last night.  Running everyone to where they needed to go.  ONE car STINKS!!!!!  Rye was the cow at an elementary school carnival in South Jordan.  One of the managers drove him and food to the school and then I picked him, the cow suit and all the containers (that they use to keep the food warm in) back to Chick fil A. When I got there YMCA was playing and "the cow" was doing the moooooves:)  (you know you love me-hee, hee) I watched all these girls dance with him and  have their picture taken with him.  He's a great cow, he reallyyyy gets into it.  Sooo proud:)  Monday, he starts learning how to be a cashier.  He is excited.  Sorry, to say he is tired of being the cow. He is also excited because that means a pay increase:)  He's moooooving up the ladder.  (ha, ha Who loves me???!!)
One more LAST.  Wednesday was my last PTA meeting at the elementary and my last PTSA meeting for the year at the middle school (lucky me both on the same day:).  May is always an overwhelming month for needing volunteers for activities and as volunteer coordinator I have to find 28 volunteers to help out with various activities.  Sounds easy but everyone is busy this time of year.  I asked the middle school to put out a school wide email asking for volunteers so that I wouldn't have to make sooo many phone calls begging people to help, leaving messages that will never be returned. . . . . ahhh, and yes I'm doing it again next year:)
Soo, needless to say - I'm still a mess. Until that package gets to Meg.  And a second car would be nice (so Rye can practice - so he can pass his test - so he can drive himself - and do errands for me).  I'm just a busierrrr mess trying to keep up with extra things that need to be done and all the things here at home (laundry? what's that? - Tay had to wear a pair of Rye's shorts today to school - I guess I better do laundry:)
"Have faith that life's path will lead you where you are supposed to go.  You will meet those who you are supposed to meet, you will learn what you need to learn and you truly can enjoy the journey."
Love ya, Ricki

No comments: