Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So, a couple of days ago I got a call from the funeral director that helped me purchase Chris' funeral package. It was cute (hee, hee), he started out saying for me "not to think him morbid" but that he was "just wondering how Chris was." I told him "we still didn't need his services" lol. It really was nice of him to check on us. I don't think I've ever heard of a funeral director calling to see if "someone is still alive" and hey, he already has my money so it's not like he's trying to get me to buy anything:)
Took Tay to the foot doctor, he has a bacterial fungus on his foot (oh, yeah!!)doc prescribed a cream to be put on Tay's foot twice a day. He also said that Tay has "extra sweaty feet" so he needs synthetic socks (expensive), shoes that breathe (also expensive) and Tay's favorite part:) he needs TWO pairs of shoes (expensive!). Tay has been asked to be an Ambassador for school next year. He is very busy with scouts. They are going to Bear Lake for scout camp this year for a week. FUN!! The leaders asked if Chris would like to come. They are going to bring their trailer for him:)
I had a physical and found that I have high cholesterol - have NO idea how. I exercise 3-5 times a week, eat lean meat and I eat oatmeal EVERY morning for breakfast. Grrrrr. I had physical therapy yesterday and found out that I have a rib out of place so now I am doing exercises (yes, I have homework)to help my arm so that I can hopefully loosen up the nerve/muscle enough that it can be put back into place. I also have to practice my posture - I have bad posture which probably contributes to the problem. If I sit down I have to have a rolled towel between my shoulder blades (also driving). It was nice to have someone give me solutions to my pain. She (Leisha the physical therapist) also gave me ideas on how to keep my arm from hurting so that I can sleep. She also gave me a neck/shoulder rub, she found some very large knots in my shoulders and she asked me if I was under a lot of stress. Hee, hee. I didn't mean to but I then started crying (dumb me). I go once a week for a month then will evaluate the progress.
Chris went to his oncologist to have a check up. Chris will have a pet scan at the end of June - mostly just to shut the doctor and I up:)Dr. Whisenant said he looked good and his lungs sounded clear. He continues to play bball on a league team and is planting a garden for us. We are just about to hit another mile stone (last one was r 22nd wedding anniversary) next one is Chris' 45th bday - May 22. (Katie's in May 21)
Megan and her friends are counting the days until they leave China. Friends are counting the time till they come home and Meg is counting down to being sad that she has to come home:) 50 days left!! They went out to celebrate by watching the Avengers. I sent Meg running shoes for her marathon. She says that running shoes cost around $200 a pair. People don't run there. Meg and her friends are running about 13 miles every other day. The marathon is May 24th.
Ryan had a BIG presentation in one of his classes today so he dressed up and asked the teacher if he could get extra credit for being in cake. Soo 2 BIG five pound chocolate cakes from Costco went to school hoping to win the teacher over. lol. He is soon to be learning to cook at Chick fil a. He is getting tired of being the cow - and soon it will be toooo hot to be outside in it:) I forgot to mention that last month Rye went to MORP. The girl decorated his room (which I cleaned first:)with decoded messages.
It's teacher appreciation week for Tay and Rye. Thank goodness for pinterest hee, hee. I got some great ideas that "make it ok for Rye to give his teacher's something" (and the bus driver)(he's toooo cool).
Jacob got a new teacher starting last week. We went in and met her. She seems very nice (young - 21:) she is just going to keep things the way we've been doing them. Thank goodness:) Jacob's arm is still sore but he's done wearing the sling. lol. He had his orchestra concert last night. Poor boy the whole evening was 4 hours!!! They had all of the orchestra kids from the whole district playing. For dinner I brought him McDonald's and afterwards we went and got yogurt to celebrate (Chris ended up being to ill so he went home - just glad he made it for the concert:)
  Katie has a field trip on Thursday to Thanksgiving Point. If Chris is well enough he is going to drive there while I ride the bus (lucky me).
Again this is an EXTRA BUSY week. yesterday, was the worst. One of those were every minute is full. Can't shove one more thing in. Sitting down, what's that?! I fell into my bed and was out the second my head hit the pillow:) Today, I passed out teacher appreciation gifts at the middle school and then met Chris and r friends that we went on the cruise with for breakfast. Sooo, much to do:) "Do your best and leave the rest to Him" Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Colette said...

Hi, Ricki... thanks so much for your love, advise AND amazing example. I hope I can weather our cancer storm as well as you have weathered yours. You are such an example to me of strength, service and love. I have always been amazed at your ability to juggle it all and remain positive. I hope I can be like you!!!!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I always feel like I need to sit down for awhile after reading your very busy schedule for the week! Then, I remind myself that I used to go t a similar pace when we were raising our 5 kids! I am so sorry about your pain and having a rib out of place...how did that happen I wonder...and high cholesterol with your good eating habits and exercise...go figure. Oh, my....glad you are getting some help from a good physical therapist, though. I will tell Kim about your situation.

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I always feel like I need to sit down for awhile after reading your very busy schedule for the week! Then, I remind myself that I used to go t a similar pace when we were raising our 5 kids! I am so sorry about your pain and having a rib out of place...how did that happen I wonder...and high cholesterol with your good eating habits and exercise...go figure. Oh, my....glad you are getting some help from a good physical therapist, though. I will tell Kim about your situation.