Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I'm HAPPY to report (and so is my hair - hee, hee) that Meg received her package yesterday!!  A Tuesday for her.  Call it cutting it close, she leaves Thursday to run the marathon on Saturday!!!!!  I'm just sooo grateful that this "ordeal" is over.  I still dislike FedEx and will NEVER send another package through them and not to crazy about customs either!!  I need Meg to skype me so that she can show me the contents of the package so I can make sure everything is there (not that I can do anything if it's not - lol).  Nah, she probably shouldn't show me.  Just grateful, grateful that it's over.
Yesterday, was Katie's bday.  She took popsicles to school for her bday treat.  We went to Chick fil a (shocker:) with cousins and grandma for lunch then came home and waited for everyone to get home so that we could go to Planet Play and celebrate.  We ended up taking neighbors, friends and family.  Quite the crowd:)
Today, is Chris' 45th bday!!!!:)  And to celebrate we are headed to DISNEYLAND!!!!!  This is one of those crazy, spontaneous things that Ricki Wach doesn't do.... I like things planned but hey, sometimes I have to shock Chris:)  We decided yesterday at about 9 am.  We have a cousin that works for Jetblue and offered us her tickets that were about to expire last week but I told her "no" because "I don't like my kids to miss school (especially at the end of the year)."  What changed it all was ---- Sunday, I broke Jacob's FAVORITE glass that came from Disneyland last year.  He uses it ALLL  the time, no other glass will do.  It is (was) a heavy crystal glass with the castle, Mickey Mouse and his name engraved on it.  He cried A LOT.  I felt sooo bad.  We aLL know how much that glass meant to him:(  So, I told him "we are going to get you a new one."  No one believed me but I set to making my mistake --right:)  Plane leaves at 11:55.  We come back Saturday night.  We determined when we left by how many seats there were.  Didn't want anyone being left behind. I was soooooo busy yesterday.  Cancelled physical therapy, eye doctor appointments, . . . .  big ones, the schools.  Tay gets out next week so they went ahead and suspended his grades.  What he has now is what he's getting:) He turned in his books and cleaned out his locker.  He will also miss his orchestra concert that is tonight.  Rye, isn't coming.  We asked him over and over again if he wanted to come. He decided.  He wanted to stay home, go to school and work.  He works Tues-Sat this week.  I'm sure that he could have gotten off.  Everyone is soo nice there but it was his choice.  Grandma will be staying the night with him and "totting" him to and from work.  Call me crazy!!  We are way excited.  This is sooo not like me - lol.  Look out pineapple Dole Whip and hand dipped corn dogs hereeeee weeeee come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, needless to say "My week has been cleared!!!"   I gave a grocery list and money to my mom so that she could help me out for Sunday's meal because last week I signed up to feed the missionaries on May 27th Sunday.  Hee, hee.  I assume I  will be tired and it will be late and grocery shopping will not be on the list of things I want to do.  Thanks mom.  Hee, hee.  Oh, and thanks for "totting" Ryan around:)
"Be cheerful in all that you do.  Live joyfully.  Live happily.  Live enthusiastically knowing that God does not dwell in gloom and melancholy - but in light and love." -Ezra Taft Benson.
Love ya, Ricki:)

6 comments:

Debby Brown said...

Oh do you want someone to carry the luggage - Jim and I and all the kids and Grandkids are going in October. I absolutely love Disneyland - got to have fun and make memories. Enjoy and Happy Birthday Chris - you're going to catch up with me if you're not careful (ha,ha - you got a ways to go yet). Love ya.

Katie said...

Sounds so fun! a great idea and after you are there, a great stress reliever :) Happy Birthday, Chris!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

So glad you are able to come down to "our neck of the woods." Looking forward to meeting with you at Rainforest Cafe in "Downtown Disney" and having some lunch with your family...Uncle Ray, me, Jason, Kim and Emily. :):)

Wanda Jean Wach said...

So glad you are able to come down to "our neck of the woods." Looking forward to meeting with you at Rainforest Cafe in "Downtown Disney" and having some lunch with your family...Uncle Ray, me, Jason, Kim and Emily. :):)

Fleck Family said...

Have a wonderful time!!! Enjoy an extra hand dipped corn dog for me!
Happy Birthday Chris!!!!

Bonnie Davis said...

Happy Birthday late Chris. It's been a long time since I checked your site. It is wonderful to hear you are still with us. This is Bonnie Davis and I do pray for you and now I see it must be working. It is so FANTASTIC your life, you have suffered many horrifying procedures, I only could wish most cancer patients would not give up. I have never known someone as beautiful as you and your loved one's. Keep it up. Bonnie Davis email is loanpine26@mail.com