Monday, June 4, 2012

Anyone for a crazy week???  Tues I went to physical therapy and they once again worked on my ribs.  It's crazy that I haven't had any tingling or numbness in my hand!!! It's been years since I haven't been in pain. Feels wonderful!!  I was verrryyyyy sore for a couple of days from whatever they did to put my rib back into place.  Chris was very kind and took over everything for a couple of days while I cried like a baby, iced my back and lived on ibuprofen. 
After physical therapy (before the pain set in:) I ran and picked up 1400 creamies and took them to the middle school for Wed and Thurs activities.  Wed., I took Katie to the eye doctor.  You may have noticed but she can do this weird thing with her eye.  It makes me nervous so every year I take her to the eye doctor so they can tell me the same thing. lol.  She's "just weird"  she can turn her eye and then bring it back.  I really liked this new eye doctor (we had to switch thanks to insurance:) they did a lot of tests on her and dilated her eyes.  Rye and I go and see him next week.  I like to keep up on that stuff, not knowing when my insurance will end. 
Thurs., i helped at the middle school with memory books, passing out creamies and taking down decorations from the 9th grade dance.  Came home and took kids to the pool - the outdoor pool just opened.  Now that Katie is 6 I don't have to be right next to her.  It was nice I put a life jacket on her and she swam all over, went down the slide... and I sat on the side of the pool so I could see her at all times.  The water was waayyyyy to cold, last weeks weather wasn't warm enough to warm the water:)  I'm sure I looked dumb sitting on the side of the pool with my legs in the water and my beach towel around my shoulders.  Hee, hee.
Rye finished school this week and has been working hard.  Go Rye!
Tay and Jacob's best friend is moving to Florida tomorrow so since Friday while his family packed and moved we had the honor of having him stay at r home.  Friday we had a "late night" for some and their friend Adam spent the night.  Saturday, was crazy for me.  sometimes I think I can juggle more than I can.  I put together the "Neighborhood get together" to say "good bye" to Adam and his family and say "hello" to the two new families that moved in recently.  i also asked a family that we met if I could bring them dinner.  The dad (his name is Chris - haaaa, haaa) is dieing of some blood disorder(has to go in every 6 weeks for treatments) and the mom (Tiffany) has three bulging discs and needs back surgery.  The dad (Chris) had been verry sick.  We can totally relate to them!!!!  He is the stay at home mom and she works for money and insurance.  Sooo us!! It's beeen good to talk to them - we get each other:)  Anyway, that picture of the chicken on the side - yeah, that was suppose to be their dinner and ours.  I was doing really well at first "babysitting" it than I got busy and forgot until the whole barbecue was on fire!!!  Big flames!!! I was planning on taking them dinner at 6 so that I could get ready for the party at 7.  In tears I vented out loud what I should do - Rye said "mom buy a chick fil a 64 nugget tray for $23."  (no family discounts:( so I called them and ordered it then ran down and got it.  This morning when I saw one of the kids (he's in Katie's class) he hugged me and told me "that was the best dinner ever!"  I laughed of course it was!!  I would love to receive Chick fil a for dinner.  lol.  (my family was pretty excited also about dinner:)
Chris has been working on helping the Cross Country team achieve their goal of running 500 miles this summer.  He put a schedule together for practice on Fridays (they don't practice on Friday's) which he will be in charge of and different races on Saturdays that are all over the valley.  His plans for this Friday are after practice to make the team eggs, pancakes and avocados (he saw it on line:).
He has been having a lot of problems with his stomach and breathing.  He grabs his chest - both sides and makes awful noises.  We try to ignore them - but it's stressful.  He has admitted to being in pain - which is not like him. 
Talked with Meg she says everyone is ready to come home from China:)  She loved her Home Stay this past weekend.  She learned how to make dumplings and is excited to make them for us.   Can you believe that she will be home soon?  All that worrying about Chris dieing while she was gone.  Pretty much over.  Hee, hee I don't expect anything to happen before she gets home:):)
This week isn't to crazy.  some of just the usual - Rye work, and scouts.  Tomorrow I work in Katie's classroom.  Wednesday, Tay will start taking Tennis lessons.  MWF for 40 min all summer.  He is very excited.  Chris and I love tennis we used to play when we were younger.  LOL.  Thursday, Rye and Tay are getting physicals (Rye - cross country and Tay for scout camp at Bear Lake) adn Rye is taking his DRIVING TEST!!!!!  ahhhhh.  Will see how it goes. Hee, hee.  Friday, one of Meg's good friends is getting married and we will go to the reception for her. lol.  I am going to try to get myself motivated enough to start painting again.  Boys bedroom, my bathroom and the hall bathroom where katie peeled off the paint mmmmm... stinker!!
"Suffering is universal; how we react to suffering is individual.  Suffering can take us one of two ways.  It can be a strengthening and purifying experience combined with faith, or it can be a destructive force in our lives if we do not have the faith in the Lord's atoning sacrifice.  The purpose of suffering, however, is to build and strengthen us."  Robert D. Hales
Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

Colette said...

Your burnt chicken is hilarious - totally something I would do. Quit trying to be superwoman, girl!! :) I know, I know - that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe we should go to addiction recovery together as we both seem to be addicted to being busy and in control. Love ya!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

That's what I love about you, Ricki--you are so totally honest and upfront about everything...even your burnt chicken! I had a visual of that barbecue in flames and you standing there wondering what to do next. And, a voice of reason with your genes in him, said, "Chick-fil-A"--made perfect sense. Ryan to the rescue! It was good to also read that some of the school year activities are slowing down and you can hopefully go on a modified "cruise control" through summer. Of course, I didn't like to hear of the pain my nephew is in, but admire his diligence in trying to maintain some sort of normality with family and other projects, like the track team. What a guy..love him to pieces. xoxoxoxoo