Thursday, June 21, 2012

Monday went ok.  Chris was very sick and tired after the test (who wouldn't be after fasting for more than 12 hours), he came home and slept and for FHE we made it easy on ourselves and watched the movie John Carter (test results Monday 12:50).
Tuesday, we ate lunch with Katie.  The kindergartners were practicing getting hot lunch so they will be ready for 1st grade.  Just as I think about it I need to throw up!!  Maybe I should home school her:)  I have NO clue what I will do with myself - I like to keep busy and I will miss her tons, and tons (so will Chris).
Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the elementary school being "the snow cone queen."  Katie had 5 snow cones and I had 4:)  Chris would have helped but the Young Men's president asked him to help drive some boys up to Camp Helaman (16-18 year old boys) and to stay for a day and a half until other leaders come up.  I haven't heard from him since yesterday morning.  He is suppose to be back sometime today (it's a 2 hour drive).  Parents are to pick up their son Saturday at 4.  Sooo, last night 4 of us (crazy only 4 of us) had pizza (Chris can't eat). it's amazing how just making snow cones all day wears you out so we had pizza delivered (the really greasy kind - lol:)  I slept in the middle of the bed and had everyone in bed (including myself) by 9:30.  Sooo nice.  Hope Chris slept well on the ground:)
The rest of this week is filled with Tay having tennis lessons, getting him ready to go camping on Friday to Strawberry Reservoir, picking up Rye on Saturday and the BIG one.... going to see the new Disney movie - Brave.  The kids want to see it tonight at 12:01 am - yeah NO!  Excited to say that "Chris made it to another mile stone"  he wanted to see Brave and it is out tomorrow.  (Next one is Meg and that's almost here also:)Will see it tomorrow before Tay leaves for camp and again next week when Rye and Meg are home:):)
 Crazy!!!!!  Next Tuesday we pick up Meg from the airport! She loved her adventure to the Yellow Mountains.  She said it was beautiful and fun except for the 9 hour train ride - having to sit up there and back.   I spoke with her this morning and she soooo does not want to come home.  She loves her students.  This week was her last week teaching.  She took them each a hand written card with their American name on it and a bag of goodies.  She took pictures with each one of them separately and received gifts and love notes from them.  She says she is going to have culture shock coming home - hee, hee.  Last week she got sick - she is still sick.  Lucky Meg has a WORM!!  she is taking Grape Seed extract for it now and as soon as she gets off the plane she is to take the antibiotics that I picked up for her from the doctor.  The doctor said that Chris couldn't get it if we all use good hand washing and don't drink out of the same cup as her.  Soooo, when she gets home she is - just as a precaution - going to use one of the bathrooms (that will be only hers) so no one uses her towel etc.  Dixie cups for her to drink out of and then throw away. . . .  on a gross note (ha, ha) the doctor said that Meg should see the worm come out!!!!!!!!!!!  The boys are soooooooooooo excited.  They have begged Meg to let them see!!!!!!! and then she will have to be checked by the doctor. lol.  Sooo glad that this happened at the end of her trip instead of the beginning. Drama, drama, drama thousands of miles away. LOL.
Katie lost two teeth this week.  One, last Saturday while one of the employees from Lowe's and I ( where we bought the barbecue) were trying to load the barbecue in the van.  She comes to me all bloody holding her tooth:)  sooo, much fun:)  I feel soooo grateful to be a mother.  I love my children tons they bring me such joy (and pain lol) can't imagine life without them. 
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Enjoyed reading everything, except the "worm" freaked me out. Tapeworm? And, I was wondering what the results of the PET scan were, too?