Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 Just got off skype with Megan.  she had LOTS to say:)  I will try to recap.  Hee, hee (she makes fun of me because I take notes while she is talking:)  Last week she had a "Chinese massage" they put warm glass jars on her back, she and her roommate had bruises and Kenzie passed out three times!!!  Aren't massages suppose to be relaxing?? lol.  The Harlem Globetrotters came to her school and performed.  The school performance that she and the other teachers and their students have been working so hard on for the parents went well.  She did another Home stay this past weekend and had lots of fun eating and karoking.  Some of them are going to the Yellow Mountains this weekend.  Tomorrow is her last day to be able to use Face book.  She has been paying a proxy since Feb and since she only has two weeks left she didn't want to pay.  Sooo, poor Meg no more face book:(  Yesterday they received an email from the American Embassy telling them to stay indoors that the air quality was very, very bad. (Ahhh,) something is burning but they don't know what and the Chinese government won't realise any information.  Chris and I were teasing her about her flight home.  She leaves shanghai (which I say as an American so that I really bug her, hee, hee) June 26th at 11:10am and arrives in Salt Lake June 26th at 3:15pm.  Boy that's not a very long flight!!! LOLOLOLOLO- Meg can't wait to see us. ha aha.  Hard to believe she's coming home soon.  We have been soooo blessed that Chris is still here and to have skype.  We just haven't missed each other thanks to being able to talk regularly. 
Rye didn't realize that he had one more road test to do.  so that's what he did.  He will take his test on June 26th Ha, ha, a very busy day!!!!:)  It's at 9 am and should take about 2 hours teacher said.  (can't miss Meg:)  He is also getting up for cross country practice every morning at 6:40 am.  Chris drives him.  while rye is out running Chris walks the track.  Last Saturday Chris and Rye got up early.  Rye ran the 3 miles and Chris cooked breakfast for everyone out running.  Katie, Jacob and I showed up for pancakes:)  Rye went to work to be the Cow and it had been sent out to be washed so he called me to come back and get him.  Not a happy camper.  I told Rye it had better not happen again - that they need to call and let us know - I don't enjoy driving back and forth and gas isn't cheap.  Well, it did happen again but this time as Rye says "they are afraid of me" so they let him stay.  Gave him a shirt and told him to just be a cashier in his shorts - he didn't have his uniform.  Ahhh, it's nice to have people "afraid of me" lol.
Tay and Rye had their physicals this week.  Poor Tay was soo freaked out about "turning his head and coughing"  The doctor told him to lay down on his back - Tay laid on his side, dr said on his back.  Tay laid on his stomach - dr told him his back.  Finally, I said "Tay the dr isn't going to check you with Rye and I in the room - calm down!!"  Pooooorrr boy.
Tay is enjoying tennis and doing chores (lol).
We got a call from r car insurance company saying that Chris' license was suspended and that they couldn't renew are insurance policy until it was reinstated so we needed to call the DMV.   Chris called and come to find out the ticket that he received in Missouri - which we paid.  Missouri sent the notice late and so we now have to pay $30 to get Chris' license unsuspended!!!!  Grrrrr.  that ticket has been such a pain in r sides. 
Last week was very emotional for me.  Wednesday afternoon Chris told me that he wasn't feeling well (hadn't felt well all day) and that he needed a nap but wasn't sure if he was going to wake up so he just wanted me to know that he loved me.  (see .... why I am emotional?!!)  I had to take Rye to work.  I told Chris that I was going to lock r bedroom door "just in case"  i didn't want the kids to find him.  After I dropped Rye off at work I came back and checked on him. He was still breathing (and of course continues too -- what a brat for scaring me).  I checked on him two more times.  By the fourth time he yelled at me and told me "that he was trying to sleep" lol.  Too bad for you.  You tell me something like that and I'm going to hover over you!!!   Friday, I hung out with friends all day - sooo fun.  Then we went to Michelle's wedding reception (meg's friend).  It was a beautiful reception.  They had a DJ for dancing.  I was ok until Michelle and her dad danced.  Then I fell apart.  Katie and Chris danced.  I was sooo mad at myself for not bringing my camera - I usually have it.  I felt very drained after just knowing that Meg and Katie won't have that.  I guess we just won't have a DJ that will solve that problem.  Being in the Temple with Michelle while she got her endowments out was wonderful and sad at the same time. Knowing that Chris won't be there physically.  Also seeing all of Megs friends that she grew up with made me miss her and the fun times we had when she was younger.  Having all of those wonderful young adults in my home.  Where has time gone?!  Then Sunday they changed Chris' home teaching partner which was Ryan to someone else!!    so now Ryan also has a new partner.  That was the last straw for this girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm not sure what I am suppose to do.  Have faith.  and yet don't you think that Rye and Chris should be partners until the end? - which we don't know when that will be.   Sorry, but I am mentally exhausted.  I need to rejuvenate myself some how.  Life is exhausting and yet I have it pretty easy right now.  I know it's going to get a lot harder. 
Katie has kindergarten testing today.  Rye work and tay scouts.  This week:  Jacob scouts, and a field trip to This is the Place that Chris and I are going to (school doesn't end until June 29th).  Tay and Rye go to the dentist.  rye and I to the eye doctor. Tay tennis. and another one of Megs friends is getting married on Saturday so we will attend the reception. 
Jacob told me today that he would like to be on D track next year so that he can spend more time with Chris.  I have no idea what to do.  We are on A track for next year but that means we only get a three week summer.  It will be hard on Chris and I when Katie goes into first grade - no one home to spoil:(
I will be OK soon.  Just feeling sorry for myself. (I'm allowed - right?!:)
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Colette said...

I wish I was there to hug you right now. You are as strong as they come. Period. Never doubt your faith or your level of endurance - you, my friend, are the definition.