Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So, today marks the day that 15 years ago Chris came home and told me that he had colon cancer!!!! I can still see the whole thing like it was yesterday.  A lot has happened since then. Just one of those days that you never forget - like December 12 - the day Chris was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given 6 weeks to live , yes you will get hear about that again on Dec. 12th. Hee, hee.

We had a ton of fun last night in the mountains for FHE.  Played in the water (kids threw rocks, built boats and Katie fell in:):)  and Chris built a fire and made dutch oven peach cobbler - yummy.  Rye stayed home nursing his ankle.  Poor boy rolled it running yesterday. For practice they had to run the hill by are home 20 times!!! (YUCK!!) so after he rolled his ankle he hopped the fence and came home.  I don't think he will be running in tomorrows race but will see:(  It was still really hurting him this morning.

Funny thing Chris forgot to tell me til yesterday.... he rode the bus with the cross country team to BYU on Saturday.  On the way home on the bus he yelled at Ryan to sit down... "Ryan Wach sit down"  the bus driver asked "Ryan Wach?  W A C H ?" and Chris answered "yes."  Bus driver points up to the wall above his head and there is a gift tag that we gave the bus driver to thank him last year during teacher/bus driver appreciation week.  The tag said "We've been EXTRA lucky to have you as a bus driver this year." thanks Ryan Wach.  Attached to a package of EXTRA gum.  Hee, hee.  I know I'm corny:):)  I made sure to really dig this into my kids because they ALWAYS fight me when I have a gift for the bus driver (we do a few throughout the year and holidays) that I want them to give them.  People forget HOW important the bus driver is.  They have a HUGE responsibility!!  They have my precious cargo!!!  and a lot of distractions.  My hat goes off to you bus drivers - not something I could do.  Anyway, I loved this story.  Made my life just a little happier:):)  Oh, and "don't mess with your mama, she knows best!!!!!!" lol
Love, Ricki:):):)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I just went on the old Cherrywood Ward site on facebook and saw your blog. You guys look great and have such a cute family!! I remember babysitting your kids. They have gotten so big! It's crazy how time flies by. I hope all is well with you guys...It seems to be with your posts. :)I always loved the cute Wach Family!! Love, Stacy (Brown) Huntsman

Colette said...

You need an award for being Miss Thoughtful. You are the best on so many levels, love ya! :)