Saturday, September 29, 2012

Friday:
Lots has happened in the past 24 hours.  After I finished the blog yesterday I heard noises in my room (that's a good thing - means Chris is still alive) I turned around to see Chris CRAWLING down the hall towards me.  I got him a chair so that he could put his hands on it and then stand up.  He is in sooo much pain!!  He took 3 ibuprofen and then decided to try walking around the block.  I went with him.  He did about a mile.  He kept getting crabby that I was walking behind him (he thought it looked like I was the less important one - lol) but I couldn't walk next to him because he kept swinging his arm and the biggest reason was that I hardly had any energy from being sick myself.  My nose, head throat etc. etc. all hurt.  I haven't exercised all week or gone to the temple.  I just haven't had the energy and the energy that I do have I've needed to keep up with my wonderful family.  After we came back Chris took a loratab (on his own). Took a nap, watched tv.  Rye got a call from a girl he works with she asked if he would trade times with him.  So, I received "a tender mercy" from HF he now works 10-3 tomorrow which makes my life much easier, he was 5:30-9:30 and I would have needed to be downtown already and Chris can't drive.  I received two more tender mercies (I'm sure more but I don't always notice all of them:) One came at about 4pm bearing gifts of mountain dew (for Chris), slurpees for the kids, Dr.Pepper for me, other drinks for later and a ton of delicious fruit from the farmer's market - peaches, red and yellow pears, all kinds of apples but are favorite -the dried corn - so fun - so clever- Put the dried corn cob in a brown paper bag and microwave for 90 seconds and it turns into popcorn. My dear friend Laurie - listened to the spirit and came over and took care of me and my family.  While Laurie was here my bestest buddy Kristen (neither one of them knew the other was coming) stopped by bearing gifts of a Mountain Dew slurpee for Chris, Dr. Pepper for me, Kneaders soup in a bread bowl (because I'm sick:), cinnamon rolls and ghost sugar cookies for the kids.  It was sooo wonderful to talk with these amazing women.  I just love them to death.  I couldn't ask for better friends.  I've known them along time they used to live here in my neighborhood but have since moved (they both have daughters Megan's age and they both dislike grammar errors.  LOL  Don't worry I made some for the both of you.  Hee,hee).  Chris had a great time talking to both of them. Couldn't ask for better timing.  Thanks for listening to the spirit and being such great friends. 
9/29
So, I did a ton of crying this morning as Rye pulled out of the driveway to go to work.  I did follow behind him (I know I've been told "I'm crazy").  He did a good job just went through a yellow light (which then meant I had to run the red) so we talked about it when we arrived at his work.  Also talked about driving home.  I have a few ideas "why" this is killing me 1- control, 2 - Please tell me Rye doesn't have a target on the back of him like Meg did (how many accidents??) 3 - It's Chris' car, but he can't drive it:(.  Chris didn't feel well enough to even go walking today:(  I put out the word on face book that Chris needed crutches and within 15 minutes we had a pair and a whole lot of wonderful people calling and face booking us. Thanks a ton.  Crazy to know that so many people havecrutches. lol.  Chris continues to take his pain pills without fighting me (you know it's bad).  Chris' cousins Dale and Sherri came over and visited.  Fun to see them.  Then Meg and my sister Cherie and her kids (Lillee and Spencer) came over so that we could go down town and meet up with other friends for dinner and to watch the Women's Conference in the conference center.  It was crazy getting there but all of us finally arrived.  We ate and then literally "ran" to the conference center to then stand in line to have r purses checked.  I got double checked thanks to having one of Chris' lovenox shots in my purse:):)  I could have sworn the whole meeting was just for me.  Cried through most of it especially Pres. Eyring's talk. It was so wonderful.  Soo grateful to have been able to go and listen to church leaders speak and be with such wonderful women of faith.  We paid Tay to watch everyone until my brother in law arrived.  I was nervous the whole time but when we got home "no blood" was found and everyone was alive (ha, ha).  Chris was in a lot of pain and took another loratab.  I have been trying to convince him to let me take him to the ER.  We would get the tests done sooner and they would be delivered right to r doctor.  Instead we have to go to another cancer center and wait for results and I have to ask for a disc with the images on it for my doctor.  He's afraid that they will keep him.  Last night Chris was laying on the couch and he started moaning in pain.  Katie says "Maybe it's funeral time" I told her to come her and we talked about what she just said.  I don't think Chris heard anything - atleast he didn't say anything.  Soo sad:(  Chris was bummed today that he couldn't mow the lawn.  He loves to mow it.That's just another thing that I have to turn over to "the boys":(   Chris insists that tomorrow he is going to church and that he will teach his Gospel Doctrine class.  I'm grateful that I'm not teaching primary tomorrow I will be able to bounce back and forth and take him home if he needs me to.
"Keep the faith"
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I just got caught up on all of your latest Blogs....my heart is aching for Chris in his pain..but I am grateful for all he has been able to do with his family..what troopers you and he BOTH are. Praying for blessings that will allow your family to take that Disney World trip as planned. xoxxoxooxo

Jason said...

"which then meant I had to run the red)"

Hmmmm....interesting.


;P

Kristen W. said...

Grammar errors just for me, huh? Awww, you shouldn't have!! :)