Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I wasn't going to write so soon but this morning starting at 1:30 AM Chris fell out of bed while trying to get back in.  Then at 2:30 am he fell trying to get out of bed.  At 3 am he went to the kitchen to get some food. 4 am got himself dressed including his shoes, turned on all the lights in the house and was yelling to everyone that he was ready to go and get dinner.  At about 5 am he was yelling Taylor's name.  At 6:45 am he was pulling cords out from the tv.  I told him to get in bed he should be sleeping and I started to cry.  He then went to his meds and handed me a lorazapan (which is for anxiety - which he won't take himself).  That is definitely not like Chris, he is totally, totally against sharing meds.  If it doesn't have your name on the bottle you don't use it.  At 7:30 am he went and got more food.  8:00 am he went to take his plate back in the kitchen.  Katie was playing the computer and I heard him mumbling to Katie.  She asked him three times "what?" finally I understood him.  He wanted to know if Katie's cousin Aubrie was here.  He knows that they are in St. George right now:(
I went and checked on him around 9:30 when I heard a thump and found him on the floor playing with a bar of soap.  I tried to get him back on the bed but he wouldn't move he just kept resting his head on the side of the bed.   I called the nurse this morning and she is going to come over and check him out.
This is absolutely crazy because yesterday he was tired but NOTHING like this. Monday's are my favorite day of the week, especially Monday mornings:)  Like usual I got my email from my dear, sweet missionary.  She sounded great.  Then a few hours later I got an email from the mission president asking if Meg could please talk to her father one more time.  That she has been talking about him a lot.  We arranged for the time to be noon here (seven there). Meg was a little late getting on.  The phone card that she used last time wasn't working (she said it still had 200 minutes on it) so they ran and bought one - she asked the clerk if it was the right one, he said yes.  Well, it wasn't so Meg decided to Skype us.  Chris came out to the kitchen to talk with her.  He kept falling asleep even though Meg and her companion were full of energy.  They get a long great.  They laughed so much at each other, it was fun to hear and see them.  I'm mad at myself because I thought I had turned on the video part of my phone and so I missed the three of them singing in Portuguese "I Stand All Amazed"  it was beautiful!!!!!  (Chris said "no redo's")  Meg and Chris once again had the heart felt conversation of not coming home and he was proud of her.  She bore her testimony in Portuguese to him.  She mentioned that she would need dental work when she got home and Chris said that she would have to pay for that herself because once he dies so does the insurance.  She acted like that was the first time she had realized that.:(  also about having such an amazing Verizon phone plan.  That definitely threw her for a loop. You should have seen her face (glad we were on Skype lol). :):)  We have been very blessed to continue to have insurance and to still be on the amazing data plan that Verizon offers to their employees.  It will be a shock to all of us to give up the unlimited data usage that we have.  And as you have read I continue to get everything done that we need insurance for.

Chris' episode has thrown a curve ball into my day.  I am wayyy tired and had already promised the kids that we would do something fun today since yesterday got changed because of Megan.  Lots of Dr. Pepper for me:)  Now we will just wait and see what the nurse says.  At this moment I wouldn't leave him home alone. He is finally sleeping. 

2 comments:

mbeck said...

Thank you, Ricki, for the update. I've been thinking and praying a lot for you and your family, so I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I'm so sorry things are so difficult for all of you--I'm sure this is very hard on Chris too because he loves you all so much. Just know that we love you!!!

Wanda Jean Wach said...

These episodes Chris is having somewhat remind me of Pam when she first went on morphine----nightmares - anger - things she said and did were unreasonable--it was a real trial for me until her body started to handle the morphine. I am sure his issues have something to do with meds. My heart aches for you both.